How About We Play a Game?

Rias: (smiles) Instead of simply telling you, how about I show you a hint of what you're truly capable?

—————————————————————————————————————————

Y/n: R-really?!

Rias: (smiles) Mhmm

Y/n: Yes, please! I've been excited about this topic ever since yesterday, but at the same a bit scared at what I can do.

Rias: Well first let me ask you, what pre-knowledge do you already know about devils in terms of their powers?

Y/n: Well, the general consensus is that devils possess destructive power that's only meant to harm, torment, and kill other beings for their own pleasure. And, there's honestly too many versions of what specific powers devils have but the most common are hypnosis, shape shifting, and the ability to cast hexes and curses.

Kiba: Yeah, that does sound like what most believe. But, while there are some devils who have those kinds of abilities, there's a lot more to it than what people really know.

Y/n: I figured that, however...

Kiba: What is it (y/n)?

Y/n: You just confirmed that some of what I just said about devils and their powers is true to an extent, but I can't imagine someone like me, a former human who had no special abilities or powers before, all of a sudden have some of those same demonic powers. It doesn't make sense cause even if that were the case I'm sure I would've felt SOMETHING abnormal about myself at some point in my life.

Akeno: So what do you think is the truth behind devils and their powers then?

Y/n: This is just a theory, but I think that when Kiba confirmed that some of the powers associated with devils were true, he was referring to pure-blood devils like Rias. It'd make sense for her and other pure-bloods to have some sort of similarity to the common myths surrounding devils. In terms of human reincarnated devils however, I can't really make sense of it. The only thing that comes close to a reasonable explanation is that reincarnated devils do have, or at least can attain power. And if that's the case, I think that the "Sacred Gears" Kiba mentioned yesterday must also be linked to that; but I'm still unsure.

*CLAPS* *CLAPS*

I look around and see everyone clapping except Issei who has his head turned away from to avoid eye contact. After 10 seconds, everyone stops and looks at me with smile son their faces.

Rias: Very impressive (y/n). You came up with that explanation all on your own and managed to essentially understand the whole concept of it.

Y/n: I-I did?!

Akeno: Yes, very impressive indeed!

Rias: As a reward, I'll throw you a bone and reveal a bit more. First though, another question: have you noticed any visible or subtle changes about yourself recently?

Y/n: Hmm... well, I'll admit that my vision last night when walking home was surprisingly better than usual. And, this morning I woke up at 6:30 to do a workout session and found that despite me being in a coma for a long time, my movements were still precise and even a bit more fluent and stronger than how they usually are. Do those things have some connection to me being reincarnated as a devil?

Rias: Yep! As a reincarnated devil your natural physical attributes are greatly increased, such as your speed and strength. We also can live for a long time, 10,000 years to be more accurate. What's more, we Devils are creatures of the night and have evolved to where we naturally have night vision, so being in the dark is no problem to us. That applies to both pure-blood, half blood, and reincarnated devils alike.