•chapter twelve•

kio's pov

me and addi hung out the rest of the day. a bunch of our friends were snapping us and asking us about our insta pics but we ignored them and had fun together.

i decided i would ask her out yet. we had only hung out for two days and when i do ask her out, i want it to be special.

it was getting late and addi's mom said i had to go home. nicely of course.

"bye addi" i said giving her a kiss on the cheek before i left her room

"bye" addi said kinda sad. i looked at her smiled

"we will hang out soon, don't worry" i said, reassuring her.

she smiled and nodded and with that, i went back to the sway house.

•at the sway house•

when i walked into the house, bryce, mads, jaden, and josh were all on the couch.

they all looked up at me and started bombarding me with questions.

questions about me and addi and our insta posts.

i blushed and shook my head in amazement of how all my friends were so invested in my life.

all the questions kept coming but one stood out to me.

"did you ask her out?" mads asked excitedly

"yea, are you too dating" josh asked, clearly jealous

i ignored josh.

"nope, not yet anyways" i said to mads while smirking. 

everyone but josh squealed in excitement.

man this dudes really gotta back off.

addi's pov

after kio left, i was kinda sad he didn't ask me out. but i quickly got over it once i realized we'd only hung out twice. but i feel like we've known each other forever.

hopefully he would ask me out soon.

it was pretty late so i decided to get ready for bed since i had to face school tomorrow. with kio here, i had almost completely forgot about what jason did to me. but all the fear rushed back into me as soon as i thought about him.

i went to sleep, knowing i would have nightmares.

•skip to morning•

i woke up after a restless night of tossing and turning.

i wondered if i could get out of school today. i knew my parents would take sympathy on me after what happened, and it's not like i'm lying to them, i'm telling the truth. i don't wanna go to school and face everyone.

i went downstairs and talked to my parents, it didn't take much of convincing from my part to get them to let me stay home.

"of course you can stay here honey, take some time to yourself. but your father and i will unfortunately be out of town today and tomorrow so you'll be on your own. are you gonna be okay?" my mom said