chapter 1

R+E, chapter 1

lowercase intended.

started january 19th, 2020

---

“richie?”

richie turned around to face bev, instantly recognizing her voice. he waved at her and smiled, glad to find some company in his math class.

“how’s it hanging, beaverly,” richie asked bev as she sat down beside him in the empty seat that he had reserved for her.

“been better. my aunt had me help clean up after you guys trashed the place yesterday. shouldn’t rely on me as a hang out place anymore, i don’t think she ever wants to see you guys again,” bev smiled back at richie as she organized her stuff for the class. she wasn’t very ‘organized’, but she knew where all her things were and that’s what mattered.

“damn, that’s disappointing. she’ll miss me sneaking into her bed at night” richie joked, doing his usually routine of sex jokes.

“beep beep, richard,” bev said, though she had a smile plastered on her face.

the bell rang through the classroom as many students scrambled into their seats. as the teacher entered the room, richie let his mind drift. he never really needed to pay attention, due to unnecessary late night studying he always got an a in his classes.

the clock turned slowly as the teacher spoke and wrote down equations and answers on the chalkboard, going much too fast for the majority of students who were trying to write notes for the upcoming quiz. richie watched with bored eyes while bev was writing quickly in her notebook next to him. he bounced his leg as he waited for the class to end, or for the teacher to announce they were to do group activities, anything that would allow him to talk.

a few more painful minutes passed before the bell rang and richie bolted up, gathering his things quickly, probably crumbling a few papers in the process. bev gathered her things in a much more neat manner, shaking her head with a smile at how quickly the boy with poor eyesight was moving.

“why the rush? we have lunch next, doofus,” bev asked as she started walking into the hall.

richie followed close behind, “because we have lunch next. gotta make sure i get the good stuff before it’s out,” he said as he navigated through out the hall, knowing that bev saw through the blatant lie. he was in a rush because he hadn’t seen eddie since they arrived at school, seeing as they shared no class periods with each other until the afternoon.

as richie bursted into the lunchroom he looked around until he saw the table that was claimed by the losers club, quite literally. they all carved their names into the table and wrote ‘the losers club’ on the table, so everyone stayed away. richie saw the top of eddie’s head and moved quickly so he could secure his spot next to him.

“hey eds!” richie said as he slid into his seat, bumping eddie.

“what the! richie! be more careful, and don’t call me eds!” eddie whined all in one sentence.

“aw, you love it eddie, it’s what makes you so...chuckalicious,” richie smiled at eddie. richie looks at eddie and takes note of how cute he looked when he huffed at richie and mumbled something unflattering before continuing to eat. richie awaited the arrival of the rest of the losers(excluding mike because he was homeschooled) seeing as eddie decided not to have any conversation with him, leaving him bored but happy to be in the presence of the other boy.

“aren’t you going to eat?” eddie looked over at the lack of food richie had.

“oh- yeah i was. forgot to grab something i guess,” richie said, realizing that he did, indeed, forgot to grab something. eh, the school food was trash anyway.