chapter 2

r+e, chapter 2

lowercase intended

started february 08th, 2020

---

“girly boy!” bowers voice taunted eddie as he walked alone to his next class. richie left him to go to the bathroom, and now he was left to deal with him alone.

“leave me alone bowers, i’m not in the mood,” eddie snapped as he tried to hurry his way to his next period.

“aw, did fairy boy leave you for some other flamer? all alone now, ‘eds’,” patrick joined in on the taunting, using richie’s nickname for him against him.

eddie slowly became more annoyed with bower’s gang as they continued, getting pissed that patrick thought it was funny to use chee’s nickname for him. he stood his ground, doing his best to not give them a reaction.

bowers went up to him and shoved him hard, “oh, giving us the silent treatment now, huh faggot?”

eddie stumbled back a little bit, feeling his back slightly brush the lockers. he noticed that the hallways slowly got emptier and emptier, and he slowly began to panic. where was richie??

bowers continued to taunt eddie, shoving him and continuing to call him unpleasant names. eddie tried to handle this, he knew bowers could be worse and he was lucky this was it, but he needed richie there now, someone to make him feel safe. the halls were empty now, classes started long ago and richie was still not to be seen.

eddie felt bowers getting bored with him, and hoped that meant he would leave him alone. all the while he kept looking around for anyone, just anyone would do fine for him.

it dawned on eddie that bowers was getting more aggressive with his shoves and started to raise his voice, telling eddie that he would probably not get out of this soon unless someone interferes. 

bowers sighed and then yelled at eddie, spitting all over his face. eddie started to hyperventilate, quickly wiping his face. germs, germs, germs, germs!

he started to open his fanny pack but bowers quickly stopped him by grabbing his arm, “hey, little faggot, don’t like that, huh?” bowers then kicked eddie to the ground and spat in his face, “hey patrick, i’m bored lets go find someone else,” he said, looking at the small boy that was curled on the ground, trying to wipe the spit off of his face.

eddie heard two footsteps walk away from him and slowly fade away. he tried to continue wiping spit off of his face, even though it was long gone. he took his shaky hand and reached into his fanny pack for his inhaler, but fumbling over it and dropping it multiple times. he didn’t hear anyone come closer to him until someone grabbed his inhaler and brought it to his mouth.

“hey, eds. deep breaths, okay?” richie’s voice softly told eddie, slowly rubbing eddie’s arm.

“rich?” eddie said as soon as the inhaler left his mouth.

“yeah, it’s me, eddie, you’re okay,” richie smiled at him and helped him up, “what happened?”

“fucking bowers,” eddie spat out, still wiping his face. he opened up his fanny pack and grabbed out sanitary wipes and wiped all over his face.

“what’d he do to your face?” richie asked, amused by eddie.

“spat on me, the disgusting dickhead,” the short boy responded, continuing to walk with richie to an unknown destination.

richie shook his head and continued walking with eddie following close behind. the front doors of the school were soon in front of them, and richie went through without hesitation.