𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗗 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞

This AU is something that I came up with in an apparent fever dream, owed directly to @Shut_ur_quiznack and @TekTheTek on Twitter. Shut_ur_quiznack shared a screenshot of a tumblr post by siniristiriita with the vague idea for this concept and the suggestion that somebody write a Klance AU about it. Then TekTheTek had to go and challenge me by suggesting that everyone crowdfund someone to write it. I said I would do it for free. And paid someone (the lovely @Kaokki) to make my cover, so I technically lost money on taking that offer. And I regret absolutely nothing. Here it is a little clearer and without my obstructive edits!

In this world, witch and warlock are terms assigned to non-human beings that possess inherent magick abilities

In this world, witch and warlock are terms assigned to non-human beings that possess inherent magick abilities. Yes, we're going magick with a k here. It's for the aesthetick (by which I mean worldbuilding). Witches and warlocks are feared by most mortal folk. Their powers can be immense, they are vaguely demonic in nature, and they live far longer than humans do. The most powerful are said to be able to reach a thousand years. Regular humans who can use learned magick are classified as mages.

We are also calling Keith Yorak for this whole thing. The name "Keith" does pop up later, as a bit of a surprise, on someone else. Most of the names for locations, like the town itself, are drawn from the Monsters and Mana episode. And Kaltenecker is a horse here. The world itself is meant to be a fictional fantasy one and not a super-accurate medieval world— I don't like giving myself such strict limitations and care more about character development and tone-setting than the exact specifics of any world I create. The world seems a bit more Legend of Zelda than, say, Game of Thrones.

With all of that in mind, enjoy!