Chapter 1

"Are you ready?" he asked, fixing my sleeve.

I gave him a dumb look.

"Look I understand you don't necessarily want to go, but this will be good for you." he said, giving me a smile.

"I just don't understand why I can't stay with you, Professor Leon." I said giving him a sad look.

"Look I can't teach you everything Acton, and I told you not to call me professor anymore. I am just good old Leon." he said lifting his shoulders back.

I shook my head. "I will never get used to that."

"Okay, okay." he said spinning me around and pushing me up the driveway.

I felt like we lived in the middle of nowhere.

Trees surrounded the place that I've spent training these past years.

I almost felt sad that I was being forced to leave.

Master Leon always told me that I was too smart for my own good, and would often tell me that I had to stop overthinking during certain situations.

"We don't want to keep Professor Snip waiting now, do we? Put some gas in your behind." he said giving me one last shove before stopping.

I looked over my shoulder at him, giving him a nervous look.

"You'll be fine." he said with a smile.

I turn my head back, looking over at Snip.

He was standing at the end of the long driveway with a smile.

"You ready Acton?" he asked.

I gave him a small nod.

"Good luck Acton!" Leon shouted from behind me.

"Don't worry Acton, I think you'll like where we're going." Snip said starting to walk, with me following close behind.

"And where exactly are we going?" I asked him.

"An organization, just like Leon told you." he said simply.

I sighed.

"There are a lot of people who I think will be excited to meet you." he said with a smile.

I looked up at him and gave him a weird look. "Right." I said with a small eye roll.

He kept walking forward with his hand behind his back.

"You'll be just fine." He said simply. "I can feel it"

***

I ducked, missing the huge rock by a hair.

I had no idea how I got here. One moment Snip was talking to me explaining stuff I didn't understand, and the next I was out here getting chased by a huge giant.

I wiped the blood away from the corner of my mouth as I looked up, watching a huge tree coming straight towards me.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself.

I jumped forward dodging the tree.

I was now on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

The giant roared as it leaned back. "Would you just sit still!" it yelled.

I stood up. "Look dude, I don't even know why you're chasing me." I said with a shrug.

"AHH!" it screamed running after me.