CHAPTER I: SLOMO

Chapter 1: Slomo

.

Nagsisimula pa lang uminit ang panahon noon nang una silang nagkakilala. September pa lang ngunit iba na ang dating ng kapaligiran. Tila ba wala sa tama ang pagbabago ng panahon na parang wala rin sa tama ang paglalaro ng tadhana sa mga buhay nila. September na ngunit parang nasa buwan ng February pa rin ang takbo ng oras sa pagitan ng dalawang taong ito.

There is a woman named Callista (also known as Calli) who was sitting on a bench while quietly watching everything in the vicinity. She examines everything she sees and compared it to herself. She already have everything but was still dissatisfied. All her life she had only been searching for something.

Callista Reiss is the only daughter of a respected family in Ireland. Because of this reputation, Callista never had the opportunity to be considered a member of this family. This is because of an unfortunate mistake that could damage their reputation. At siya ang sumalo ng kinalabasan nito. She grew up with her loving mother despite of the fact that she couldn't join her own family in Ireland. Her mother died in an accident that caused her illness to worsen. It was there that she had just experienced being with her own father. Kahit na kasama ang kaniyang ama, hindi pa rin niya nararamdam ang pagmamahal nito. Binibigay sa kaniya ang lahat ng pangangailangan at gustuhin niya pero hindi iyon sapat para sa kaniya. Hindi materyal na bagay ang kailangan at gusto niya, kundi ang pagmamahal.

"What's with this weather? So sultry!" Calli said while putting a powder on her face, shoulder and everything that feel her sticky. Ramdam niya ang maalinsangan na paligid at hindi siya sanay dito. She often embraced the cold in her room's ac. And that has been her shelter since her mother's death.

"September pa lang pero maalinsangan na? Tch. Wala na talagang nagawang mabuti ang Diyos!" Dinig ni Calli ang nasusuyang wika ng isang lalaki sa di kalayuan. He stood as one hand in he's pocket and the other was above in his right eye as if looking for something. He was wearing simple clothes and reflected the weariness of his life. "Kawawang mga bata... Pinabayaan na ng Diyos." He added. A pucker between Calli's eyebrows showed. She looked at what man was talking about and found a bunch of homeless children playing around. Some are just sitting beside, waiting for mercy from random people who was unknowingly passing by. A pitiful thing to see.

"Hanggang ngayon wala pa ring ginagawa ang diyos? Tch. Tch!" Wika ulit ng lalaki at umiling-iling pa na parang tama siya sa sinasabi niya.

Nilingon ulit ni Calli ang lalaki ngunit papaalis na ito. Nakaporma sa likod ang braso ng lalaki habang patuloy pa din sa pag-iling at pagsipol. Why would God be happy on poverties? And why does he keep on blaming God on how he see things around? Is he an illuminati, perhaps an atheist, a hater of God? Ah, never mind. Patuloy niyang pagiisip. Sumagi din sa isip niya na baka may sama ng loob ang lalaking iyon sa Diyos kaya niya nasasabi ang mga bagay na 'yon. At pinagdasal pa niya na sana walang gawing masama ang lalaki.

Nagdesisyon na lang siyang bumalik sa hotel na tinutuluyan niya dahil gusto niya ng katahimikan. And she couldn't get that because of the noise coming from vicinity. Sa paglalakad, nakakita siya ng isang lugar na sa unang pagkakataon, nakaramdaman siya ng katahimikan. Huminto siya at naisipang manatili muna doon kahit na ilang oras. The hotel that she was currently staying at is visible from there. It's quiet and the whole place captivates the view. The surroundings are overwhelmingly beautiful. The warm air makes her calm. She closed her eyes to feel the moment and all suddenly tears streaming down it. She tried to wipe it away but it just kept on shedding tears. She clenched her fist as she tried to calm herself from chaotic feelings that starting to climb through her veins. Overwhelming thoughts are drowning her. From the fact that she have enjoyed this unforgettable scenery to the reality of impossible she was meant to be. Surrending is driving her to death but she know she can't.