twelve

"Super Trouper" -ABBA

     Bo was able to convince the bounty hunter to leave before the babysitter showed up at the cabin. Em didn't like the term and neither did Adam, all the more reason for Bo to say it. It had been a few hours since the boys left Wendy asleep in her twin bed.

     Adam was terrified of her waking up because he knew with one look from her pale green eyes, he would choose plan b, staying with her in that cabin, his pack duty be damned. Bo had written Em a detailed, or what he thought was detailed enough, while Adam sulked in the living room.

    The blonde explained on the note with chicken scratch writing that Adam would be gone for a few days, maybe more, but he would come back to care for Wendy. Bo left her a wad of cash for her troubles. No thank you's or 'tell my sister I love her'. Just a good ole fashion Irish goodbye.

     The men trekked through the six miles of four-inch snow to get to the nearest road. Bo moaning and groaning the whole way. Every other mile he had asked for a break, to rest, where Adam gave him the simple 'no'. 

     After the third time of asking, Adam ignored him and kept on, giving Bo no chance but to continue on following.

     Once they reached the small highway, Bo began to dramatically breathe out, cursing himself for not taking one of Wendy's inhalers. Adam stood and waited though Bo didn't notice how ridged the tall werewolf had become. His dramatics were taking up too much of his attention.

     The blonde snapped out of his tantrum when a black SUV's headlights shone on them. He sighed with relief when the car skidded to a stop in front of them. A man in the passenger seat jumped out quickly while the driver stayed inside.

     Bo became confused for a moment but quickly covered it up. Before Bo could begin a sassy conversation with the gentleman, the sight of the patch on the man's dark blue polo shirt, made him jump on his feet and book it down the road.

     Adam rolled his eyes, put his hand up to the soldier, telling him that he would take care of Bo, and then began to jog after him. Only a few short sprints and Adam was tailing the brother of his mate where he snatched the hood under his leather jacket and yanked Bo back with force.

     By landing on his back onto the gravel, Bo groaned and breathed heavily as Adam chastised, "How you never got caught before now, surprises me, Bo Walker."

     Bo rolled his eyes as a cough came through, "Whatever."

     "You done?" Adam asked, hands on his hips.

     Wheezing, Bo stood up slowly, still trying to catch his breath as he slapped away at Adam's helping hand. The man with the blue polo waited for them both at the car, arms behind his back with a blank expression.

     The uniform is what made Bo jump into a sprint. He recognized it instantly. The military haircut and blue polo tucked into grey fitted dress ants were the official uniforms of the Colorado pack.

     When the pair neared the SUV, the soldier reached into the backseat, pulled on black leather gloves before returning with silver cuffs that had Bo's name on it.

      "Are those really necessary?" Adam asked but only to get no response from the soldier.

      Bo hissed from the pain of the silver, being it as a weakness for their species, he could smell the skin of his wrists burning. But, through the pain, he was still able to make a sassy comment.

     "You could have at least bought me a drink before gettin' kinky with me, big boy," he grumbled.

     No response was once again granted from the man while the driver rolled down his window. With a swift nod, he grabbed the attention of Adam, "Murphy," he nodded.