Tobio's First Day Back

The Sakura bloomed all around Metro City as the new school year began for everyone. By 8:45am, everyone sat in their seats, ready to start the day. Everyone except for....

"Come on, Tobio! Hurry it up or we'll be late!" Reno urged as he ran ahead of his roommate. Tobio breathed in heavily as he struggled to finish his piece of toast.

"I-I'm shtill eating!" He cried with a full mouth. Reno quickly ducked back and took a huge bite out of his piece of toast before running forwards.

"You've gotta eat faster than that! Seriously, this is your first day of school and you're already late." He mumbled. Tobio gaped at him disbelievingly.

"Me!? You're the one who broke my alarm clock!" He snapped and raced after the athletic boy who was a good few steps ahead of him. Just as the pair turned the corner, Reno ran face first into the person in front of him and fell back with a grunt. Tobio slowed to a stop and winced. "Ouch, are you okay?" He asked and held his hand out to his friend.

Reno rubbed his sore nose and nodded.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. What about the person in front of me...?" He trailed off as he watched Ajeero quickly gather his books and stand up. "Ajeero!? This is surprising, you're never late!" He cried and stood to his feet. Ajeero looked back at him with a riceball in his mouth, and blinked. He then quickly swallowed his food and adjusted his glasses.

"I may have been a bit too excited last night and didn't get enough sleep." He admitted. Reno pulled a face while Tobio eyed him curiously.

"As in excited, you mean...."

"School, I was excited about school." Ajeero stated, clearing any doubts Reno had. He then shook his head and gestured for the two boys to follow behind him. "Come on, or we'll be even more late!" He cried. Both boys' eyes widened and they shot forwards, resuming their late marathon.

As the three ran, a new face jogged beside them. They turned their heads to their right and saw Kennedy stuffing his face with a bowl of soba. Kennedy saw them looking at him oddly and turned his head towards them with soba hanging out from his lips.

"What?" He asked with stuffed cheeks. Ajeero pressed his lips into a thin line, and blinked.

"Dude, why the bowl of soba?" He asked. Kennedy took another bite of his breakfast and swallowed it in one go.

"Gotta stay nutritional." He responded. Reno grabbed the bowl and threw it to the side, making Kennedy gasp. "HEY!"

"It was holding us back, come on men! We gotta pick up the pace!" He cried and ran even harder. Just as he said this, something sped passed them on the sidewalk, surprising them. As the speeding object got to another corner, the four boys watched with wide eyes as you jumped onto the fence and ran along it.

"It's Y/n!" Tobio cried. Reno's gaze hardened and he turned towards the fence next to him.

"We gotta follow her example. Let's go!" He cried and threw himself onto the fence. Reluctantly, the three boys followed and together, they ran after you while dodging all sorts of animals lounging around on the fence.

As your group got closer to the school, you raced towards the school gates and grabbed the top of it. The attending teacher watched with wide eyes as you threw yourself over it, and landed on the other side. The others followed suit and together, the five of you raced into the school building. The female teacher merely blinked, and readjusted her glasses.

"Just who on earth were those students...?" She wondered out loud. She must have been new if she didn't know about the trouble makers of Fujisaki high.