11 - Trials

Alright guys this is the chapter you been waiting for >:)

------------------

"Alright, I'll see you two later. Don't you worry about things here, I've got it handled," Raihan yawned, the hour way too early if he did say so himself. He was used to sleeping in longer, but Cassandra and Leon needed to leave sooner rather than later. Time was of the essence, and they had relics to find. So he was kind enough to fetch them breakfast at 6 AM and escort them back to the courtyard they'd arrived in to bid them farewell.

"Thanks, Raihan. I owe you one," the purple-haired man chuckled as he adjusted the hoodie his rival had provided. They didn't have extra clothes, so the dark-skinned man insisted they take his "old ones" since he never wore them anymore and his sponsors kept sending him new gear every week anyways. So, there they were, Leon in an outfit that made him almost look like a teenager again, and her in a jacket that definitely hadn't fit Raihan in years along with sweat pants that definitely were probably last worn when he was a kid. Considering he was a towering foot or more taller than her; she would believe it.

"Seriously, remind me to pay you back when I come visit," the redhead chuckled, tightening the string on her pants.

He winked, "You can always take me out to dinner."

"And let me guess: a walk under the moonlight, too?" she hummed, brow raised.

"Careful now, that sounds like a date. Not that I'd mind, love. But I suggest just dinner—lest I might end up in some trouble," he cooed, not bothering to hide his glance at Leon, whom huffed and glared back. Cassandra didn't miss it and couldn't help thinking Leon was jealous.

But that meant he liked her.

Which was silly, and she definitely wasn't blushing about it nor her heart racing.

Nope. Not at all.

"Right, so. Just dinner. Right. Sure. Leon, let's head out," she spoke quickly, moving over to Charizard, who was eagerly waiting for them. Leon moved to follow, but paused when Raihan called out in a hushed tone. He turned back, brow raised as his old-time rival came closer and motioned towards the redhead with a nod.

"So... you gonna ask her out soon or what?" he smirked, and had to stifle a laugh when Leon's face went red. "Or should I slip in and steal her from ya? She is pretty cute. Got a nice laugh, pretty hair and smile—."

"Raihan, cut it out! Don't be—!"

"What? Ridiculous? C'mon, mate. I've seen how y'all two been since you first got here, including last night on the balcony," he smirked, enjoying his rival's embarrassment.

"That's—that was—."

He clapped Leon's shoulder, toothy grin worse with each word, "I know you, 'Lee. I've only been your rival since we started our Gym Challenge, and you've never given a girl so much as a second glance—or been so jealous. You like her. And, frankly, I'd say she likes you, too. She barely looked at me last night, and that's saying something."

 The purple-haired man didn't reply, either from embarrassment or trying to deny it without being able to, he couldn't say. So Raihan just shrugged.

"Word of advice, don't wait when you know what you want—just go for it, or you might miss it."

"But... I mean—I've only actually known her a few weeks..." Leon mumbled. 

He raised a brow, "And? I got mates happily married that fell in love at first sight. Doesn't matter so long as the connection's there. Anyways, just some friendly love advice from your one and only rival and number one lover in all of Galar. So go make your move, else I'll have to come in and steal her away and show her a 'champion time' of my own."