Epilogue

Thanks for the 3.5k+ views everyone!! It means a lot you've taken the time to read and comment and enjoy my story!!! :) Now time for the last chapter.

-------------------------------

Leon rumbled happily as he woke from his slumber, reaching over to the other side of the bed. He expected to find Cassandra's warm form waiting for him, but only met empty air and lukewarm sheets. He opened his eyes to frown, puzzled. Last he recalled, he'd embraced the love of his life after a thorough round of love-making and fallen asleep after a long day of meeting her parents and then video-calling his own family. That, of course, had been a joyous occasion. He was elated to find that, not only did both of her parents still like him despite waiting so long to "come for their daughter", but his brother and mother got along great with Cassandra's folks. Frankly, if he didn't know any better, he'd say their parents were already expecting a wedding. A bit too soon, but it wasn't like he hadn't considered it lately. After all, he didn't see himself being with anyone else in his life, and they'd been together technically for over a year. Long distance, sure, but he'd held no one else in his heart, and now he could be with her for real.

At least, if he could figure out where she'd slipped off to. He grumbled as he sat up, stretching his limbs a bit. It had a been a long trip to get to Johto, although it had been more than worth it. He glanced around the large bedroom, one of three that had been built into the Ranch's home. This was the master, tough, the other two set up for day care workers when she was gone. Since she was home, though, they were empty, and her parents stayed in their own abode just a few miles down the dirt road to New Bark Town. As such, they'd been given their privacy, and he found he quite liked the aesthetic of the Johto region. It wasn't quite as lavish or grand as Galar, but it was homely. It was definitely a different culture, one he would eventually get used to—except maybe sitting on his knees. He didn't know how his lover and her family could stand it and not have their legs fall asleep every fine minutes. Johto-jin were something else, that was for sure.

Yawning—it was past midnight now—he glanced to the door, and as luck would have it, his lover appeared. Her radiant red hair was down and a little disheveled, and she wore only a shirt. His shirt that exposed the entirety of her collar and one shoulder, and fell just barely to her thighs. Needlessly to say he was thoroughly aroused and would have gladly gone another round of ravaging her right then and there, but the light of her phone—thank Arceus he convinced her to buy the upgrade—and her moving finger told him she was reading. She was engrossed enough to not give him much mind as she returned to bed, lying on her stomach. Naturally, his hand found its way to her back, slipping under the shirt to gently trace  up and down, making sure to find the scars he admired—and her rump.

She giggled when he squeezed and gave him a look.

He just grinned and motioned to the phone, "What's got you so enamored over moi?"

"Oh, hush, don't get jealous now. We just had sex a few hours ago," she snickered and shifted so he could see the browser she had up. "I saw I had an e-mail from the League when I went to the bathroom. It was pretty lengthy so I checked it on my laptop. Turns out they have a job available."

"A job? Like what? And where?" he frowned, peering at the images. They were of a region he didn't recognize, although that list included anything besides Johto and Galar, and even then he was still iffy on the former.

"Kalos. It's about three to four days from here by ship, a little longer by bird. The League's gotten word of... trouble."

"'Trouble'. Like... the brothers trouble or Team Rocket trouble? What's the scale here?"

"Sounds like maybe Team Rocket, but they're not sure. A Professor... Sycamore? Yeah, that sounds right. He's the one asking. Actually, it's two things. He's working on some research into a phenomenon unique to Kalos—something about a Mega evolution? It sounds amazing, but he also asked for discreet help from the League about looking into some strange activity going on with 'nefarious characters'. We won't get anymore specifics unless we accept...