|04|

The two teens looked at the sorcerer skeptically, and after a moment of staring in amazement at the burning circles, he turned to them. "It's time, kids." Was all he said, and the girl glanced back over, asking, "Those rings, they look like yours. Is there more of your kind?"

"Yes, the sorcerers across the world made those, so we better hurry and get the hell out of here." He looked back up and smiled brightly, a sight that she had actually never seen before. Her lips curled as she admired his happiness, then he abruptly asked, "You ready?"

He looked down to see her smirking up at him, "As a wise man once told me, no one ever is. But let's go kick this guy's ass."

Peter took the lead, sticking a web to the top of the circle and flinging himself up and out. She turned to Strange and he nodded to her, and she returned it. "Do you really think we can win?"

"It's up to the people on the field to do as my vision says for us to win. . . and - and I think they will." He answered hesitantly, and she slowly nodded while turning to face the outside world. "See you on the other side. Damn, let's hope this works." She said, then geared up her powers and flew off and into the future.

Hundreds of people were gathered right in front of the burning circles, all in ready position. She saw the force from Wakanda, all of the sorcerers, the Avengers that she grew up with, then handfuls of people who she never met. She pinned Peter and flew over, sending a sphere into the ground. She quickly free fell the seven feet and landed on her feet and slowly she straightened out her knees, standing up and admiring the scene in front of her.

Wind blew her obsidian hair behind her as she saw an entire army marching up to them, carrying all sorts of weapons. They all looked like variations of aliens, and she immediately recognized the kinds: the black order, chitauri, leviathans, outriders, and sakaarans.

Oh god.

People flooded around and stood beside and behind her, readying themselves. She slowly made her palms glow one by one and looked down the enemy that started her father's nightmares for numerous years.

Thanos had a sword this time, and was carrying it in his right hand. He stared at the crowd with a squint, breathing in heavily and sighing, pursing his lips. She growled and made her palms illuminate brighter, determination set within her mind. The last time, he sent someone to impale her. She wouldn't let that happen again, she would be wiser, more alert, not let her guard down. Nothing was going to stop her determination. One last battle to end all battles.

"Avengers!" Steve called from the left, and she stared straight ahead, swaying her weight from leg to leg. This was it. All of it has been leading up to this, this is the final battle. When someone wins, the other will lose permanently. There is no more do overs, this is going to end everything.

"Assemble." Steve growled, and suddenly people were yelling battle cries and charging forward to the enemy. Peter flung up beside her and webbed onto the gigantic man from the battle at Leipzig and swung, whereas the girl forced her arms into the ground and lifted herself up, soaring into the air.

Thanos slowly lifted his sword and pointed at the Avengers, and then every single alien was charging forward, out for blood. She quickly flew over and torpedoed down with a fist full of energy. She slammed her hand into the ground the second she landed, waves of ruby came flooding out, taking down the aliens surrounding her.

Tessa straightened out and sent her arms forward, more waves sending out from the tips of her fingers and taking them down, one by one. But quickly she was surrounded in a circle of aliens, all sneering and hurling weapons her way. She created a shield around herself, breathing deeply.

The girl brought up her hands and looked at them. The gloves had a hole in the palm and fingertips, allowing her energy to proficiently filter through. She closed her eyes and began to twiddle her fingers, muttering, "Let's hope this works."

She dug down into the deepest depths of her mind, shuffling through all of the dark magic that she read through. She had mastered absorption, but that wouldn't be as much of a help as the new spell she thought of. Okay, you have to focus your mind on. . . something you're passionate about? Hopefully? Well, you don't know if you don't try.

Her mind instantly migrated to the thought of winning this final war. She understood the stakes this war had, and only one team can win. And when they do, they hold an enormous power that has an iron grip over the entire universe. If they lose, she says goodbye forever. No one would be able to bring the fallen back, no matter how hard they tried. Whatever it takes.

A tiny sphere of ebony began to shine between her palms, and she opened her eyes while looking down. She stretched out her hands, and it slowly increased in size, obsidian swirling around itself. She took her eyes off of it and examined the crowd around her shield. At least a hundred were after her, banging thunderously at the shield while others leapt on top of it and drove their weapons down. The ruby wouldn't last much longer, she had to take action, and now.

But how? There were people on her side fighting around her, and they would get in the way of the shock she's about to send. An idea suddenly clicked in her mind, and she smirked while turning back, making the ball even larger. Soon enough, her eyes slowly began to turn a shade of onyx, and the energy build up within her was beginning to seep out.

"Fac omnis peregrino ruinam." She breathed, then the shield around her instantly bloomed over ebony, exploding a moment later. Shards of the shield separated and went into the bodies of only the aliens thanks to the spell, a black cloak going around their hearts, forcing them to pass out. She released the pressure in her hands and sighed while glancing around, looking for another group of enemies.

"Everyone's comms turned on?" A voice spoke through her ear, making her jump, it sounded like Steve. Numerous yeses were followed shortly after, including her own and Peter's. "Good. Avengers, we lost the gauntlet. Your job is to fight and find it."

She nodded and kicked off into the air, hands flowing ruby. She flew up and into the sky, soaring around while searching for the metal. Her stone eyes shifted over to a large pile of aliens attacking something, and flew down to it. She plummeted into the ground, shaking the earth upon impact, making the aliens look up and over at her.

Tessa shoved her arms forward, fans of red fanning out and knocking them all down like bowling pins. She picked up another and hurled him across the battlefield, then another she ripped apart. She heard a grunt from the middle of the circle and knocked another alien down, but suddenly eight of them had metal rods in their heads, all mouths open. She gasped as the rods were retracted, and Peter hopped out with a stumble, walking over to her, spider legs folding back into his suit.

"Didn't know that was a thing." She said in disbelief, and he flashed a smile to her once his mask went down. "I didn't know either until we were in that spaceship. Your dad made me a new suit."

"My dad. . ." She murmured while looking around, "My dad, is he here? Where is he?" "I'm sure he's here for the final battle, where else would he be?" She nodded in response and grabbed his hand, "If you need any help, just comm." "Right back at you. See you soon."

The two turned around and flew off in different directions with gentle smiles on their faces.