The House on Elson Street

Knock! Kn- Knock! Knock!

I stopped briefly to listen out for a response.

I'm a few minutes early of 9 for the viewing, but I did park next to an all black Porsche, so I assume he is already here.

The realtor I'm meeting with is Luther, no last name oddly, yet he is rated a solid 5 stars, so he must be good enough. Right?

The next few seconds drag along, and i'm growing impatient, I saw the house listed online last Tuesday and have been dying to get inside.

The iron door creaks open, and I am met face to face with whom I assume is Luther.

"George, come in" he calls from behind, walking further inside. Following him in my eyes take in the old-fashioned  but still very nice style.

"The house is a little over 100 years old. As you can see, it has been well taken care of, and state of the art appliances have been added 6 months ago. Fresh paint and flooring, too."

Nodding my head in approval as he continues. "Five bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, basement, two car garage with room to spare and let us not forget the half an acre backyard pool included. Where do you want to start?"

"Outside?"

He smiles slightly. "This way"

Leading me through the foyer and past an expansive kitchen; we walk through sliding doors entering the backyard. Wooden patio, installed covering, fresh & thick green grass, decent size pool, and a fire pit all surrounded within a tall wooden fence.

Walking past the pool to take a look the ingrown fire pit. out the corner of my eye a young battered girl was at the bottom frantically kicking and screaming for help. Snapping my head back I got a closer look but the pool is empty. "Want to check out the inside" Luther calmly asks.

Two car garage, five bedrooms, three and half baths later we were making our way back to the front. "Didn't you mention a basement?"

He stops walking and I see his left jaw clench tightly. "My next viewing will be here any minute"

"I can check it out myself while you wait for them"

Sighing "You have 5 minutes" I watched him continue towards the door.

Making my way back through the kitchen towards the basement door I twist the knob and I descend down the steps. Creaking echoed throughout the room with each step causing chills to run rapidly up my spine.

At last I reach the bottom and swiped my hand across the wall for the switch. "Where are you?" Running over it and flipping it up. My eyes adjust to the gloomy out dated furniture. An eery feeling joins the chills.

"OUT..." Whipping back around I was met with a putred smell. Spoiled milk is the first thought to mind. Instantly covering my nose I look around for the person behind the voice. "Hello?"

Waiting a few seconds I decide its time for me to make my way back upstairs. Taking two steps at a time out of all breath I reach to close the door. Instead it slams against my chest.

What the hell?

"Your 5 minutes are up" I jump turning back to an unamused Luther.