II: Curious George

Yesterday keeps replaying in my head. Im trying to figure out if the events really happened or if it was merely a side effect of missing out on my depression pills for two days straight.

I've been on edge all day. My lease on the apartment is up in exactly 4 weeks from today. That leaves little to no time to continue looking at other potential homes.

Do I really want to miss out on a golden opportunity because I may have imagined seeing and hearing some crazy things?

The house was close to perfect, not to mention priced a little over half of what it's really worth. I can already vision Renee and myself with our own offices and starting a family in the near future.

Speaking of. Renee has always been better at sensing when something is off. Turning over I gently stroke her cheek until her eyes flutter open.

"Good morning beautiful" recieving a smile. "Remember that house I was telling you about last week?"

"Mmhmm, you went to see it yesterday right?"

"Yes, I did, but I'm still a little on the fence about it. Do you have any spare time to view it yourself?"

"Hmm I'm free 12-2pm tomorrow and thursday"

Reaching to grab my phone on the charger I return to the page and check the openings. Just my luck he had a opening tomorrow at 12pm! Signing her up I sent the confirmation link to her phone.

"Now go back to sleep" she laughed out rolling back over.

---------Next Day----------

Leg bouncing, pen taping, I haven't been able to get much work done all morning. My mind is everywhere.

Even if she loves it do I still need to tell her what I heard and saw?Checking the time again.

13:07

Was my tour that long? Hearing our song play out I frantically look around for my phone. Feeling my leg vibrate. I pull it out of my pocket and swipe answer.

"Heyyy" she sangs into the phone instantly calming my nerves.

"Pulling out of the driveway see you in 30 minutes"

13:41

"Baeee!"

"In here"

She walks in grabs my cheeks pecking my lips. Shaking her head smiling I already know the answer she loves it.

"Bae it was beaut- gorgeous!" "Ahh- the kitchen!" "All that space and that price!" "Old style like i grew up in yet still new." Taking a deep breath. "But could we afford it?"

Seeing her this happy makes me change my mind about telling her what I experienced. Especially if it was just side effects and never happened. Yeah i was just having some side effects. I repeat trying to convince myself.

Instead of answering I go to my recent calls and dial Luther's number.

"George"

"Is the house still up for grabs?"

"Yes it is, can yall be here say Thursday a quarter after 12pm to look over some papers?"

The other day Renee happens to be free.

"We will see you 12:15 tomorrow"

"Perfect"

Meanwhile on the other side of the phone Luther was holding a sinister smile as he disconnects the call.

Chuckling he crosses
The Drowning House on Elson Street off of his list.

"One down five more to go"