Chapter 6

The next morning, Poe had already left. Annabel was still sleeping when he left but he gave her a kiss on the forehead before he had left. He was off to find some help. There was nothing he could do. He didn't know where the doctor lived or anything. He has never had to find a doctor like this before so he had no clue where to look. He decided to try out places to see if anything would turn up but nothing.

It's only been a few days since Annabel had the first coughing fit outside and she seemed to like it was going to be one this day when she woke up. She felt better than ever. Maybe she just needed a really good night's sleep from everything that her body was going through lately. She got up and walked to the writing-table. She has started a diary that she wrote every morning and every night and sometimes even in the middle of the day depending on if there was anything on her mind that she needed to get out.

After she finished her writing piece; she looked out the small window that was over the writing desk. She had wanted to go outside but every time she has gone outside she has started having a coughing fit and if it was because of the weather and how it has been lately, she didn't wanna risk it.

Instead, she went off into Monica's room. Monica was her and Poe's daughter. She had run away awhile ago and had tried getting her back but nothing was gonna work. Authorities said if she wanted to come back she would have by now. Yes, Annabel had scowled and bittered with her daughter but wasn't she supposed too? Especially if she was treating her mother badly? Annabel had missed her daughter terribly and would do anything to have her back in her arms. She felt like a horrible mother when she was doing what a mother should be doing. But she had felt like she wasn't being a proper mother. A good mother. She had thought if she was a good mother she would have stayed, not getting up and leaving randomly. She was devastated.

She sat on her daughter's bed and looked around her room. Just like it used to be. Monica had art sketchbooks on her desk. She had always loved art. Drawing how she felt depressed, happy, mad. Her feelings. Annabel walked up to her daughter's drawing desk and grabbed the first art book that was on her desk. Her daughter had taken the majority of art stuff with her but some were too much to carry when she had left. Once she had grabbed the book she noticed it was the book that her daughter had given her. Pulling it into her as if she was hugging her daughter. She had back her tears and opened the drawing book.

The picture was a realistic drawing her Annabel and Monica. Annabel had always admired this image because instead of having a picture done, it got to be more personal and creative. She wouldn't have had to make a fake face just to try and put on a smile for a picture done by a professional. Annabel flipped to the next page and the next page was an image that she was inspired by Poe and his writing pieces. She had got an image in her head from what she had read from her father's books and draw backgrounds of what she had imagined that it looked like that. She had such a creative imagination. It was like she could draw anything and it would turn out flawlessly and if it did have mistakes there were so minor that you could barely even see. Monica has always wanted to write books like her father and add her own illustrations to make her books a picture book, she had also wanted to be an artist and draw people self-portraits of them, just like she has done with her own family members. Everyone that has seen Monica's artwork has said that it was so unique and creative.

Not long later, Poe came back to the house. Once he walked into our room and noticed she wasn't there and panicked. He knew she wasn't outside because he just came from there. Once Annabel had heard him panicking, she put the drawing book back down and headed back to her room.

"Poe," she asked standing in the middle of the doorway. "What's wrong?" Once he looked up and seen her, he relaxed.

"I thought you left to go somewhere. I thou---" before he could finish she was already hugging him. She told him where she was and he calmed down more. "I'm sorry for freaking out." She continued to comfort him telling him it was okay.

A few seconds later, she pushed him off and coughed. A long hard never-ending cough. Once it ended she gripped at her chest and quivered from the pain inside her chest. The pain has doubled since the last time she had coughed. Poe looked at her nervously. He had been out all day trying to look for a doctor for her and nothing had come up. He was gonna keep trying and trying to get a doctor. He knew his life depended on it,