chapter 12

No One's POV

Inko slams through the police station door. Her face is red and her eyes are puffy.
She runs up to the first person she sees in a uniform and grabs them by their shirt. A little weak, but firmly.
"Where's my Izuku!?"

She hasn't yelled like that in years.

The officer smiles and politely grabs her hands, pushing them to her sides.

He yanks out his walkie talkie.
"She's here."

There's no response. The chief appears from his office and stands beside the officer.

"Ms. Midoriya!"
He offers a hand and she shakes his immediately.
"It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am. I have a few questions, if that's alright."
She nods as he guides her to the evaluation room.

She starts crying harder when she's her son.
Restrained.
"Is that really necessary?! H-He'd never hurt anyone enough to have those things on his arms!"

As they look through the double sided glass, they see Izuku.
His head is down and he's crying.

"We will need to extract his quirk soon. We gave him a calming drug because his quirk has a connection with his nerves, hormones, and emotions."

Inko slowly turns her head to look at the chief.
"What quirk? My boy was born quirkless.."

He nods.
"It's possible he hid it from you. There are many other possibilities too, Miss. That is why we are here to help and figure things out."

An officer appears from the corner.
"H-He's ready sir!"

The chief nods and looks at Inko.
"We'll give you and your son some time to talk before we start the questioning. If he doesn't tell you what crimes he's committed, then we'll tell you afterwards, so you can consult a lawyer."

Inko stares at the chief blankly.
"No..H-He's too young! This is ridiculous."
She tugs on her sweater and wipes her face.
"I'm ready to talk to my son."

The officer nods and swipes a card on the door to open.
The officer lets her through.
"Ma'am, remember to limit contact with him."
Inko ignores him.
"I'll do nothing of that sort. This is my son. Izuku Midoriya. I raised him so you have no right to tell me I can't touch him."

The officer is a little shocked but shrugs and closes the door.

Izuku looks up from the sudden movement of the door.
His face was first filled with relief and happiness to see his mother.
Then he realized it was his mother.

She knows what I've done. All the people I've killed. What I did at UA. I faked my suicide to do more things that would just disappoint her. I wasn't even good enough to survive on my own. I got caught red-handed because of my selfish feelings. My quirk.

"Mo-"

Inko smothers him in a loving hug. She starts sobbing before he can say anything.
"Izuku..You really scared me!"

Izuku loses it and starts crying too.
"Mom!"
He hugs her as much as he can with his restraints.
"I'm so sorry, Mom. I l-lied about everything. I'm so sorry!"