Glader babies -- Newt

*your point of view*

"Hey," I say to Frypan, "I can take that list for you if you want, I'm heading over to the Box anyway."

"Thanks, (Y/N)," he hands the piece of paper, neatly folded into a square and I smile at him.

When I reach the box, I glance around me, checking to see if anyone's watching. Nobody is, so I unfold the piece of paper and pull a pen from my pocket adding my own item to it.

- Baking paper

- Flour

- Coffee

- Black pens

- Toothbrushes

And there, at the bottom, pregnancy test.

I drop the note into the box, crossing my fingers and silently praying the Creators will send up what I need.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Newt comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek from behind.

"Hi Newt," I smile, turning around to hug my boyfriend.

"About last night," he says quietly, "I'm sorry, I didn't realise..."

"It's fine," I reply, "it wasn't your fault. I guess we both should have checked more thoroughly, huh?"

"I should have noticed sooner," he says, pulling away and frowning.

"Newt," I put one hand on his shoulder, "it's ok, we'll sort this out."

*one week later*

I wake up to the Box alarm, my head resting on Newt's chest. I listen to it for a minute, then get out of the hammock, stretching and yawning.

"You're adorable when you do that," I turn around to see Newt smiling lazily at me, one leg slung over the edge of the hammock.

"What, wake up?" I roll my eyes, grabbing his hand and pulling him up. "Come on," I say, "let's go."

I carefully climb down into the box, hunting around for what I asked for. Of course, there's no guarantee that it'll actually be here, but I hope it is.

"Aha!" I seize a small white packet, turning it over. Yep, that's what I'm looking for. I slip into the waistband of my pants, reaching up for Newt to help me out.

"What did you get?" he asks, and I pull it out, showing him the packet.

"What's that meant to be?" he studies it, then reads the back. "Oh."

"Yeah," I say, "thought it best to know for sure."

"Well," he hands it back to me, "please keep me informed!"

"Will do," I tuck it back under my shirt, heading for the bathroom.

I stare down at the three little red lines on the three separate tests in my hands.

"Shuck," I say out loud. What the hell am I supposed to do now?

I read the back of the packet again. "A red line means a positive result, while a blue line indicates negative." I look back at the tests, definitely red.

I slip the tests back into the back for temporary safe keeping, then hide them under my shirt and wash my hands carefully. They're shaking.

"Calm down, (Y/N)," I say to my reflection in the mirror, "it's just a baby. It's just a baby growing inside you that will be born into this Glade surrounded by a Maze and horrible monsters, it'll be fine!" It really isn't going to be fine.