You're Everywhere

"You're missing the movie!" I exclaimed as I criss-crossed my legs onto his large cyan couch.

I heard scattering of metal coming from the kitchen before I felt his feet thud onto the wooden floors. "You couldn't hit pause until I finished getting the popcorn ready?"

Of course, as any sensible grown woman would, I shook my head as I reached out and snatched the plastic bowl full of popcorn from his hands.

"You're blocking the TV! I can't see his gorgeous face." I spoke as I stuffed a handful of popcorn into my mouth as Chris moved from in front of my level of eyesight and sat next to me.

"You do realize that that's my face. You can literally look at me instead. That's literally me." He spoke out in a confused tone as he put his right arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him before I paused the movie.

Turning my attention back to him as we both stared at each other with furrowed brows, "are you really jealous of Frank?" I slowly asked, teasingly.

He let out a little 'pfft' in response as he shook his head. "What?" He laughed. "No way, of course not." He continued, laughing.

Rolling my eyes at him and shaking my head, I set down the bowl of popcorn on the glass table in front of us before I put my face into the nape of his neck. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, you're hotter than Frank." I spoke into his warm skin as I giggled before leaving a kiss where my face was set.

Wrapping both his arms around my back, he pulls me in closer as if that were humanly possible in an attempt of giving me a hug while he let out his own low chuckle. "You really are something."

I had never been this physically intimate with someone before, forget talking about being this intimate this early on but I had never generally been this intimate with someone before. It always felt weird. Regardless of having my mother encourage me to date, I never grew up in a household that normalized intimacy so this was new territory for me. It always felt weird thinking about even holding hands or hugging or kissing anyone, but it felt almost natural this time around.

I had always been one to overflow with emotion, more often than not it would be my undoing, but at this moment all I wanted to do was just stay like this for a while with him. I was calm. My mind was calm. My body was calm. They never were this calm.

I readjust myself by slightly pulling away and sitting beside him before taking both his hands in my own and laying my legs on top of his. It felt surreal at this moment, so much so that I loved it.

"We've only been at this for what? 2 weeks?" I ask as he stares into my eyes, slowly nodding. "It feels like I have known you forever." I breathed out, confessing only a fraction of what I was feeling. It was ones of those moments where your heart would feel full, full but light.

His blue eyes sparkled even when we were only inside and at night. He plastered on a handsome award-winning smile before he pulled one of his hands from between my own and set it onto my cheek. He slightly moved it more so into my hair, letting his palm rest on my cheek and his fingers slowly circle within my hair.

"You really are something." He repeated.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" I repeated as I ran around my apartment. I had accidentally slept in since I got home late last night, so I was late for work. Not literally late, but if I don't get moving faster, I will be SO late. I usually leave the house within the next 10 minutes and god, there was no way that I could look as decent as I would prefer within those 10 minutes so I opt for a dress.

I take the first dress I could put my hands on which was a black dress with a reasonable V-neck that reached mid-thigh and had floral branches scattered around. It's long loose sleeves hung as if they were bells, the bottom of the dress as well, giving the dress some volume compared to the fitted waist. I grabbed a pink cross-body bag to match one of the flower colors scattered around the dress along with some black strapped heels before I quickly grabbed my black leather jacket and made my way out of the house, running towards my car.