3 - The Return of Ghastly Bespoke

Everyone was frozen. And Ghastly just stood there in his suit with a calm expression on his face. Then Valkyrie ran forward, wrapping him in a tight embrace.

"There's a Valkyrie Cain in my reality," Ghastly chuckled as he hugged her back. "A bit older than you are, but still the same. Some things never change, no matter what universe you're in."

The next to come closer was Saracen and Vex. At first, they approached slowly, as if it was some kind of trick. But Ghastly just smiled and hugged them both.

Then Locust watched as the biker with the sword ran at him, pushing Skulduggery out of the way. Locust was just reaching for his sword when the biker tore off the helmet and hugged Ghastly so tight the tailor let out an oomf!

Locust just stared at the blonde woman as she laughed and smiled at Ghastly. Then he surprised everyone by giving the woman a deep kiss. "What was that for?" the woman asked, shocked.

"In my reality, you died ten years ago," Ghastly said, staring into her eyes. "I wasn't there at the time, but I won't let that happen again."

Then Skulduggery stepped forward, holding out his hand. Ghastly just raised an eyebrow at him. "I find out that I've been dead in this reality for a few years and all you can do is expect a handshake?"

Before Skulduggery could respond, Ghastly brought him in for a massive hug. One that Skulduggery didn't try to break out of.

"Uh...dad?" Locust asked Ghastly. "Can you tell me what's going on?

"DAD?!" everyone shouted.

"I'll explain in a minute. For now, the dogs need to be fed and watered. As does our friends."

"Glad to see your priorities haven't changed," a voice said. A pale young man in a black coat came around the windmill. Four large dogs came running out as well, jumping straight at Locust. Last came a girl with short brown hair wearing a cowgirl outfit. She had a whip, coil of rope, and two holsters tied to her belt.

"Is there any place for us to talk?" Ghastly asked.