6. caring for you.

Oh. My. God.
It's been a full year.
Let that sink in.
Why am I writing like this?
BUT wow, an update! Truth be told I was unsure of what to do with this but when so many people literally ruined msy life (but in a good way) by bombarding me with messages I just knew I had to do this. It's short for now, let's see how many readers we have still. Vote and comment. :(

Soft lips were pressed against her own chapped ones, pushing its way into her mouth was his tongue, Hermione realised how numb her insides felt, how her legs had complete turned to jelly. Had it not been for the man before her holding her from the waist so tightly, she had no doubt that she would've fallen over. The moment she decided to open her mouth to let him enter, he had stopped. Though not removing his lips from hers, he had stopped pressing harder into her. Draco's fingers were latched onto her small wrists in either side whilst his lips covered her own.

The reality of the situation settled in pretty quickly after that. Her mind was swarming with all sorts of thoughts, her daughter, her past with Draco, the past that had left her with everything and nothing- the past that had, though, given her the most beautiful daughter she could've ever asked for, had still managed to take away the man she loved as a price for the girl she bore him.

Draco chuckling brought her out of her little reverie. She stared at him, dumbfounded. He had just kissed her and now he was laughing? As if the little chuckle had brought her out of her little reverie, Hermione found herself instantly pulling away. From being latched onto his perfect frame mere minuets ago, she had now put a much too reasonable distance of approximately six feet between them. She couldn't even look at him in the eye; all too suddenly, the most interesting thing in the universe were her ballet pumps which seemed to capture all her interest. In her peripheral vision, however, she could see Draco scratching his head and looking anywhere but at her.

Well, this was awkward.

Neither of them spoke anything for a good five minutes, combine that with the extra ten minutes after pulling away from the kiss and you'll get a whole awkward combo.

Hermione was sure that any given moment now, her cheeks will reach the temperature of the sun. Was it even possible to feel this hot? Was the weather too much for her or was it just her body reacting to the touch of the man she loved?

Definitely the latter, she assured herself.

Say something! She mentally scolded herself. The longer she stood like that in front of him, the more she looked like a pathetic school girl who was in love for the first time. For the love of God, say something, idiot! Speak!

But words failed her and time was still ticking. Oh god, why did she have to kiss him back in the first place? Why did she have to go out with him today? Why did she have to even crash into him right here in muggle London? So many whys yet her mind was blank. Had someone said that one day Hermione Granger's mind will go blank, moreover because of a man, she would have laughed hard in their face before sending off a rictusempra at them because boy, would that have been hilarious.

But this was real life. He was standing before her and he was real. Mind you, he had also kissed her.

It was times like this when Hermione wished there was some spell to crack open the earth and get swallowed up as a whole. Must have saved many witches and wizards some tremendous embarrassment, if not death, at least.

"I am sorry." she heard a voice but it wasn't hers. Her own voice had betrayed her, had someone said she couldn't speak, she would've even nodded her head at the affirmation. Hermione's hands were swearing uncontrollably. When did it get so awkward between to past lovers, she had no idea but it did. Finally, she grew the courage to look at his silver eyes.