13|Monster?

|third person pov|

Nora woke up, to the feeling of falling, but then being caught again. She gasped, and jumped out of her sleep.

"Oh my god." She said with her hand over her chest. She realized that she was in Klaus' arms, and they were in his art room.

"Calm down, love. Your heartbeat is going to beat out of your chest." He said, setting her down

"What happened." Her throat felt like sandpaper, and her eyes were adjusting to the light.

"You fell asleep in the compound earlier, so I brought you in here, but you move a lot in your sleep, you almost fell off the bench." He said, adding emphasis like she could control if she fell or not. He walked over to her, and wiped some paint off his hands with a cloth.
She realized that she didn't fall though, only because he caught her before her body even got close to the ground.

"Thankyou." She spoke softly.

"You don't have to thank me, you would've gotten hurt-" She cut him off.

"Not thankyou just for this. Thankyou for helping with Celeste, and saving my life, and helping me find out about my family. Thankyou for Tennessee. Thankyou for 1920." She felt bad almost, Klaus was doing all these things for her and she had nothing for him in return.

"Don't thank me, I did those things because I wanted to."

"Exactly, not because you had to. So thankyou."She expected a simple you're welcome. But instead she got her lips molded with his.

Both of his hands cupped her face, and the sides of her neck, while hers were wrapped around his torso. They were desperate, it was a hungry kiss. Like they been fighting all of these battles solely for this moment, but they weren't.
They only met each other along the way.
Klaus pulled away reluctantly, but still kept one hand on the side of her face. Nora's face was flushed, and she was breathing heavy, while Klaus just had a face full of emotion. Sadness.

"You have to go now."

He didn't even look in her eyes, he couldn't. Nora backed away from his touch, and her heart sank to the floor.
She knew it, she knew they could never be.

"What.." Her voice was cracked, it almost reminded him of the time Nora came running into the compound after the witches attacked Eryn. Only this time was worse. 

"My family has millennium old wars, and battles. You know after a thousand years of the emotional trauma, i've become numb to it, i've gotten over it. All of the innocent lives that i've taken, I don't care about anymore. Because I am Klaus Mikaelson. Maybe I am a monster." He said, his voice wavering as he talked, Nora shook her head, and had tears in her eyes, but none of them fell.
In her eyes he was anything but.

"But if I were to let anything happen to you, that is emotion trauma a thousand years could never heal. Because when i'm with you." He closed the space in between them, by speeding up to her, which caused her to flinch backwards, but he pulled her closer. He cupped both sides of her face, moving to clutch into her hair that was framing both sides of her face. Like he was trying to reach out and grab her soul, like he was trying to savor her.

"When i'm with you, I am no longer cursed, I feel, and I care. I think you make me feel human, and it scares me."

By now her tears were past the brink of falling.

"You don't have to be afraid. You have helped me through a lot, now it's my turn to help you." She said, backing up a bit, to look at him more clearly.

He shook his head. "No, if you get hurt-"

"So what if I get hurt! Just because i'm not dead, doesn't make me weak." She said, with her arms spread apart. She was tired of feeling useless, and subpar.

"You are far from weak, my love."
They stood in silence, a few feet away from each other. It wasn't a awkward silence, they were both trying to figure out what to say, and how to say it.

"Do you really want me to leave?" She croaked out, just the thought of Klaus not wanting her around anymore was heart shattering, but she couldn't force him to do anything. And wasn't going to.

"Of course I don't want you to leave, but it's whats safe for you. I mean what would be the point of all of this. Just for you to end up getting killed by my wrong doing." Voices were starting to get louder, now that they both had something to say.

"This isn't your fault Klaus!"

"But it will be if you stay.." Nora could tell he almost didn't want to say that sentence.

She now didn't have any last words she wanted to bark in, she let his sentence marinate in the thick silence, then in her mind. All she knew is that he was pushing her away, once she finally cared enough to never want to let go.

"This is hurting me." In that moment she wish she were a vampire, so she could whisk away, but her very human legs just walked into Eryns room.
Now was when she needed her bestfriend most.

••••••••••
q: suggestions 4 this book?
comment💘