Chapter 2: A New Friend, A New Target

Natsu was busy sharpening his arrows, when Sting came and ask if he can take a look at his bow. Natsu just gave it to him even though he knew that the Prince was planning something. Right after he took the bow, Sting threw it out the castle and Natsu had to go down to get it. Instead of going down using the stairs, he jump off from the castle's wall. While searching for his bow, he was suddenly blindfolded and his hands were tied up. Those who blindfolded him, took him on a carriage and set off into the forest . "Now to make sure I win." Sting says in glee.

Even when blindfolded, Natsu knew where he was taken. Since the blindfold was almost lose, he shook his head until it came off. "Man.. That made me spin a bit.." He thought. Looking around, he grinned as he saw a knife at one of the man's belt and started to cut his ropes free. "Umm.. Where are you guys taking me?" He ask. "The forest of course. Didn't chief tell you?!" One of them said. "I didn't even ask, Fred."The other one answered." If you didn't then who did? "Fred ask back. They turn around to the carriage, and only saw a string of rope, but no boy." Where did he go?! "The other one ask." Don't ask me! You're the one who's in charge! "Fred said. Natsu sat back on a tree branch watching everything.

" Guys! I'm over here! Come and get me! "He called. When the two turn around Natsu started to jump from one branch to another.

As he was running, he heard someone coming after him. He paused and land down near some wild Berry bushes. Then he heard voices." Where is he?.. I thought he was here. Did we lost him?". Someone asks. "Calm down Gray. He can't go far. Besides, if he's one of the King's men, he had to go back to report." Another one told his friend. "Right. And Gajeel, are you sure that we have to steal from the king?" The one named Gray asks. Gajeel nodded and they went on their way. Natsu came out of his hiding spot, and called out to them. "Get him!" Gajeel yelled. Both came running towards Natsu. Gajeel tried to shoot arrows at Natsu but didn't even came close to him.

"Wow.. You're a lousy shooter aren't you.." Natsu remarks. Angry, Gajeel took out his sword and started to attack him. "Whoa.. Careful. You don't wanna get hurt do you?" Natsu ask as he dodge Gajeel's attacks. Gray came and started attacking as well. Natsu took out his daggers and started to defend himself. "Enough!!" Natsu yelled and kicked both of them away from him. "Look, I don't know who you are and what do you want from me?" Natsu ask them. At first, neither of them answered since they didn't trust him. Then, the heard a horn coming from the castle. "Looks like the tournament is about to start. Hey, can I borrow your bow?" Natsu ask Gajeel who without question gave it to him. The trip ran back to the castle and went to the fields.

The contestants had a hard time trying to win since the Prince cheated and gave them plastic arrows. He on the other hand, had a henchmen waiting for the arrow to be shot. Once shot his henchmen will put an arrow on the target which was hidden behind a tree. Seeing how the Prince played, Natsu decided to teach him a lesson. "Let's shot at the same time. Whoever win, get to take the prize." Natsu said. Thinking he could win the Prince readied his arrow and got ready to shot. Lucy was told to give a mark. "Ready... Shoot!" She called and both archer shoot. Sting's arrow fell and Natsu's hit the bullseye. "No fair! I was supposed to win!" He yelled.

"Hey Sting! Don't you know liars are losers, Cheaters a cheeky monkey?!" Natsu ask. Angry Sting sent his guards to grab Natsu. Taking the money bag with him, Natsu went to Lucy who gave him a kiss on his cheek and he ran away on a horse while throwing the money bag to the people." I'll see you later stingy King!! " He called out. And Sting kept on throwing his tantrum all the way back to his room.

Natsu escaped and met the duo in the woods. "Wow.. I thought you were working for the Prince.." Gray said. Natsu laughed and shook his head. "Whoever wanna work with that snob looking Prince?" The trio laugh. Gray and Gajeel invited Natsu to stay in their hideout for the time being and he agreed. "I think that idiot for a Prince got his own lessons today." He said.