Thirteen, Wyatt

13

Wyatt

I thoroughly enjoyed having her in my arms. Even more so naked like she was right now. She hummed softly snuggling closer.

"We should totally be getting up." She giggled.

"Probably, but I'm enjoying you right now."

"Can I ask you something?" She kissed my chest lightly.

"You can ask me anything sweetheart." I couldn't help but smile.

"Why are you so protective over me. I mean like if I wasn't in this situation and we just kept meeting up or whatever, and ended up here anyway without the fear looming over me...would you still be this protective?" I thought about her question for a minute. I knew what she was trying to ask.

"Just liking you isn't a good enough answer is it?" I laughed. I knew she was rolling her eyes.

"You know what I mean."

"It's the situation, I'd still be protective either way because of the way I feel about you, but it does have a lot to do with what happened to you and Michael still being on the loose." We haven't seen much of the dick head in the past three weeks, and its been pissing me off. I don't like that he can just show up whenever the hell he wants to and disappear just as easily. Especially when I have to be out of town.

"Is there a reason like why it is the situation?" I rubbed down my beard and sat us both up.

"There is a reason that your specific situation hits home for me." She pulled the blanket up on her bare chest, thankfully because even though it's a welcomed distraction, I really needed to tell her this before our relationship grew any further. "When I was growing up, my father would... He wasn't a good man. On several occasions I was left with bruises, and that was because I wouldn't let him touch my sisters or my mom. One time it happened I wasn't home, I was getting off the bus and saw an ambulance outside of our house, along with a cop car. My father was screaming from the back seat of the cop car and I realized it was my Mom in the ambulance. It took a few days but finally we were allowed to go see our Mom in the hospital. Only problem being she could no longer hear us." A small gasp left her full lips.

"Wyatt...how old were you?" That sad look of pity on her beautiful face is what I hated most when anyone heard about my childhood.

"I was 9, and my Mom was never going to be able to hear my voice again. Reality sunk in that she would never hear my kids talk if I ever had them, or hear any of us laugh ever again. It was hard to process and get over, but I moved forward, as my mom learned to sign all of us kids did as well. My father never came back, he was in jail for 10 years. The day he got out I found him. I had just finished boot camp for the Navy, and I beat the shit out of him." I smiled. "It felt great to give him a taste of his own medicine. But now, being 27 I realize it was stupid. I moved my mom and sisters out here as soon as I could afford it, just so that he could never find us without crossing a state line, which he isn't allowed to do. So, finding out Michael did what he did brought a lot of that shit back."

"I really don't know what to say besides thank you, and you are amazing." I smiled and kissed her before someone started knocking on my bedroom door.

"Yea?" I yelled.

"Casey just got here, and so did Layla and the kids. She wants to ask you something." Liliana yelled through the door.

"Alright be out in a minute." I looked back at Kayle and winked. "Looks like we have guests we need to entertain." She smiled and got out of bed. I threw my shorts on along with a shirt and headed out of the room after giving her a chaste kiss. My sister Layla was waiting for me at the end of the hall by the kitchen. "Hey you okay? Where are Ella and Ethan?" She gave me a half smile.