Chapter Thirty Seven: The Start of it All!

After taking what little weapons we had on us they lead us to a junkyard they seemed to have made our home. Rick seemed to still be in a good mood strangely. We were lead deeper into the junkyard and the people seemed to surround us in two tight circles, I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable as they moved silently. I stood next to Michonne and looked to Rick when they finally stopped moving.

"Are you a collective or does one lead?" A woman with a strange accent asks. We didn't answer.

"This." Someone says pushing Rick forward. I step up to him glaring at the woman as she moves back to her spot. I look forward again as the other woman walks up to us.

"Hi. I'm Rick." My brother says.

"We own your lives." The woman says. "You want to buy them back."

"What the fuck not this again," I growl as Rick puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Have anything?" The woman asks.

"Well, you have one of my people," Rick says. "Gabriel, I want to see him first, then we can talk." The woman nods to someone and a couple of her people walk away. I follow them with my eyes as they bring Gabriel to us. He looks fine and healthy thankfully.

"The boat things you took got taken." The woman says gaining my attention again. "Saw them so we took the rest, and we took him."

"Well then you know we have nothing to buy back our lives with," Rick says. "And that's what you will have soon... Nothing. Because I and my people already belong to that group who took those supplies from the boat. They're called the saviors." Everyone's eyes were on Rick now. "They own our lives, and if you kill us, he'll be taking something from them, and they will come looking. You only have two options when it comes to the Saviors, either they kill you or they own you." Rick looks around at everyone and continues. "But there is a way out... Join us..." I look to the woman now, she was interested at least. "Join us in fighting them."

"No." She says and waves a finger around to rally her group. We watch as Gabriel is taken away. Next thing I know someone is trying to grab me from behind, I step forward and thrust my elbow into a man's nose, hearing the others fight as well, I kick the man away from me. I turn and punch a girl trying to get to Rosita as she struggles with someone.

"Everyone stop!" I can hear Rick shouting. I turn to him just as Gabriel shouts.

"Let us go, or I will kill her!" I raise an eyebrow at the used to be Father.

"Away from Tamiel now," The leader says as if she doesn't believe him. I almost didn't.

"The saviors they have other places, other communities," Gabriel speaks trying to convince them. "They have things... food, weapons, vehicles, fuel. Whatever you want, the Saviors have it."

The leader makes a signal and her people start to lay down their weapons backing off. "Away from Tamiel," She nods to Gabriel, he looks to Rick who nods, he puts down his weapon. "Your words now." She says to him.

"If you join us and we beat them together, you can have much of what's theirs," Gabriel says trying to convince them. "Fighting with us, you'll be rewarded, more than you can imagine."

"Want something now." The leader says. Her way of talking was starting to annoy me.

"Rick can do anything," Gabriel says nodding to my brother. I look to him wondering where he was going with this. "This group, they found me... here, so far from our home. What do you need? Just tell us... We'll get it for you. We'll show you what we can do. Now!" He yells. The leader makes a signal again with her hands.

"Tamiel, Brion... Show Rick up up up." She says. I look to Rick as he nods to Michonne and me.

"It's okay." He says as she takes his hand.