7-{SENTIMENTAL OBJECTS}

{CHAPTER SEVEN{I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU

{CHAPTER SEVEN
{I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU

«««»»»

The tavern was filled with all sorts of people. Men and women of all sizes sat in suspense around the wooden table that sat in the center of the room. No one dared to make a peep, scared that they might miss the details of the story that this townsman was spreading. "I tell no lie, it swallowed the whole village, it did. Not a bone to be found." Gasps and murmurs filled up the silence. Nakhti leaned back in her chair with Jaskier right beside her writing down the quest in his journal. "Oh, don't give me that look, shitling. That's why we had to call him..." adding the emphasis towards her companion, the elf watched as the bloody man stood. "The White Wolf." The tension grew as his presence was made a note of. "And he stood in the middle of that frozen lake like he knew it was coming for him. The ice cracked open and a selkiemore shot out! Oh, you've never seen one, but it's taken down a ship with its cavernous mouth full of devils teeth!" With easy, the brunette ran a cloth down her blade, ridding it of any dirt and grime. "And it..." sparing him a glance, his mouth seemed to be at lost and his hands searched out to either side of his body like it faltered in the middle of their gesture. "Swallowed that witcher whole." While the others gasped in fear, only one remained silent and that was the Queen of the Golden Mountains. She knew that he was okay.

"Oh, that's brilliant!" In disbelief of the bard's words, the townsman looked down at Jaskier with widen eyes, while Nakhti couldn't keep the grin off her face. Noticing his stare, the bard looked up from his journal and apologized. "Oh, sorry. It's just Geralt's usually so stingy with the details. Uh, and then what happened?"

"He died." Everyone awed with grief while the elf down her ale.

Slamming the empty tin cup on the table, she placed her sword in its holster before standing up. "Eh, he's fine."

"Look," the man began to argue causing Nakhti to hold a sarcastic smile. "I was there. I saw it with my own-" suddenly the door was thrown open and a horrid stench filled everyone's nose.

"See?" Chuckles escaped from the bard as people cleared out the way not wanting to get near the witcher. He was covered from head to toe in selkiemore guts.

The queen felt her nose-hairs burn off but she didn't budge as he neared placing himself behind her. "What's that stench?" Turning to face him, his eyes caught hers before turning to the human.

"Selkiemore guts. Had to get it from the inside. I'll take what I'm owed."

"Toss a coin to your witcher."

As Jaskier started to sing that catchy song, the man handed over a brown bag singing along to the tune. As the group of people joined in, Nakhti smiled before standing on her tippy toes, singing it a little loudly in his face. Annoyance showed on his features and having enough he pushed passed her to go over towards the bar to get a cup of ale.