CHAPTER 4 FIRST DATE

KAMDEN'S POV

I am sitting here waiting totally impatiently for him. I find myself frowning about my school girlish behavior. I have had nothing but him on my mind since I left him standing outside my brothers' house. Footsteps bring me out of my thoughts. I look up to see him holding out his hand to help me up. I take gladly take his hand as he pulls me toward the trees. "Where are you taking me?" I ask. "To a place i found after my parents died." he replied. We walked through the wood for a few minutes. I saw a clearing coming up and got excited and he smiled at me. When we made it through the trees we were in a beautiful meadow like place. He pulled me to the other end to a natural bench made from fallen trees. The bench overlooked the rocky shore and beautiful waves of the ocean. I was in awe of the beauty of this place. "This place is wonderful, do you come here often?" I asked him. "Not anymore but i was here for hours and hours everyday after my parents died." he said. We sat quietly for a few minutes taking in the beauty around us, I gathered my courage and began my story,"When I was a little girl of about six my father would bring me and my brothers into the wood where he and the hands would chop and gather the wood we needed. While he and the hands worked he would tell us stories of what he thought the future would be like. We all enjoyed the stories very much. The hands all brought the stories home to their families who also loved the stories. My mother would frown when we got home but never said much because she knew my father would never let anything happen to us." Jeremy smiled but said nothing waiting for me to go on. "We were a very happy family, with the exception of my mother frowning about what she called my boyish behavior. Around the time I turned 10 things changed. My mother had been fragile since Stefan was born and she took a turn for the worse. The last few days of her life Stefan started acting different. He was only 5 at the time but he understood more than anyone thought. We were all sad and depressed when she died but Stefan had no reaction at all. That worried a lot of people, I remember my hand maid Juliet telling me that one day he was gonna snap and it would be really bad. Hence the Ripper stage he went through." Jeremy looks shocked but keeps quiet, I wonder what he's thinking. "After my mother died my father changed too. He spent less and less time with us. The smiles and laughter stopped. The stories and outings stopped too. He became hard and often mean to everyone but me and the boys. I took over my mother's duties as Lady of the House. The more time my father spent with the council the more my brothers and I had to run the house. The War Between the States heated up not long later. Damon decided he wanted to please father so he enlisted, I was very proud of him. The last thing I remember from my family home is telling Damon something bad was going to happen to me. He told me not to worry I had a long and beautiful life ahead of me. The next thing i know I woke up in a very dark room and I was very scared." I took a deep breathe and waited for him to say something. He still hasn't said anything, I'm nervous now I would give anything to know what he is thinking. I look up at him and see a look that stops me cold. He looks sad for me. "That must have been hell for you and your family. A lot of things make sense now." He puts his hand over mine on my knee. He leaves it there and smiles at me. After a few seconds of looking at our hands I look at him again and he has the sexy grin. So I pulled him to me and kissed him. He seem surprised for a second then fell into it. I lost all coherent thought when he started to put effort into it. It took at least a two minutes before I remembered that he had to breathe. I pulled away totally embarrassed with myself. "I'm not usually one to act like that...Normally." I said starting to get upset. Jeremy did something then that shocked me again. He pulled me into his lap and started to comfort me. " It's ok, I'm not offended. I actually very much liked it." His soothing voice calmed me almost instantly. Not sure how I felt about that I just looked at his beautiful face. He looked out at the water for a bit thinking I'm guessing, so I did the same. When the sun started to set he turned to me and said,"I really enjoyed our time today. Would you like to do it again sometime?" I looked at him with a smile,"I would love to, this is the most pleasent time I have had in a really long time." He gave me the most sexy grin and I kissed him again. We stood up linked hands and walked back to the Grill. When we got there he reaches into his back pocket and asks me, " Do you have a cellphone?" ' smile and nod pulling it from my pocket. He gives me his number and I give him mine. I smile and nod he hugs me one more time and walks away. After watching him round the corner of the building I turn and head for the B&B smiling like crazy.