Two worlds collide

Two legendary civilizations ruled by the same Gods, hidden from the eyes of society. These beautiful creations of the Gods placed to insure that hope for Earth's humans was not a waste. Themyscira, land of the strong and resilient Amazons, and Atlantis, city of the glorious navy Atlanteans. Though the two were home to two of the most well-known Justice League members, they failed to interact, until sometime in the past...

In the midst of a terrible massacre lead by Donna Troy, the sons of Themyscira were being killed one by one. The men scattered in fear of the warrior women charged with fury and evil intent. One such man made it to the docks where they kept their fishing boats as one of the Amazons chased behind him with her sword. He quickly untied the rope and pushed away from the dock just in time for the warrior to miss her chance for the kill. She screamed "Begone you wretched man! May the jaws of Cerberus consume you!" as the servent of Hephestus finally took a relaxing breath in the safety of his escape from the wrath of the Amazons.

As he left the protection of the invisible barrier between Paradise Island and the rest of the world, he realized that for the first time in his life he had no idea what to do. From the moment that the God of Fire saved him and his brothers from their watery grave, he had done what the merciful God had wished for, now he was truly on his own. As he continued to sail into an eternity of future loneliness, thunder began to shake the sky. He looked at the water as the waves began to rock the boat more intensely by the second. The waves began to jump in fury and the Amazon held on to the sides of his small vessel with his life. Suddenly a massive wall of water rose above the boat, the man knew that his ship would not survive and abandoned his only form of safety. As the wave crashed down, the force of the water pushed the son farther into the water and soon he could see nothing in front of him. As his last breath left his lungs, a bright light illuminated the dark, and the last thing he saw as a hand reach towards him.

The sounds of birds screeched above his head and as he opened his eyes, the painful light of the sun pierced his eyes. He sat up in the sand of a very small mass of land big enough for a few people to stand on. He looked in all directions for any sign of life, and all he could see were clouds and water. He then raised his hand to shadow his eyes from the bright rays when he felt a pain in his forearm. When he looked at his arm he saw a seaweed wrap around his arm covering what seemed to be a flesh wound of some sort. He felt the makeshift cast when he heard a splash come from behind him in the water. He looked to see a beautiful woman in strange clothing walking closer to him from the water. Her long white hair glimmered in the sun as she moved it away from her face. 

"Who are you? How did I get here?" The man said with concern in his voice. She picked up a stick from the bag she had around her shoulder and drew in the damp sand an image. He looked down to see what appeared to be him drowning in the ocean and the bright light coming from a strange woman like figure. "Is that you, are you the one who saved me?" he asked now calming down. She nodded and pointed to the wrap on his arm signifying that she did that as well. "Thank you very much...Miss...?" The man said with curiosity in his voice. The woman turns and points to a pod of dolphins traveling over and under the calm waters. He looked at the mammals and said, "Your name is Dolphin? What an interesting name". She then nodded and moved her hands over her throat and shook her head at the same time. Confused for a moment, the man then said, "You cannot speak...". Dolphin nodded as she began to tend to his wound.

The two sat together on the small speck of land and he told her about his life on Themyscira and why he is now with her on the island. In return, she drew and wrote images in the sand telling about her life in Atlantis and her mutant reputation. "I forgot to mention, my name is Kyros. Here I am telling you my life's story and I neglect to tell my name." He chuckled finally making a proper introduction. Dolphin smiled and finished packing her things away in her bag.  She stood up and turned to Kyros and signed with her hands "I shall return soon". Kyros signed in return "I will be here". Dolphin dropped her jaw in shock that he knew sign language and he then signed, "Did I forget to mention that Amazons were taught many languages"? Dolphin chuckled and lept into the water swimming away.

Over the next few months, the two grew close to one another. Dolphin would create beautiful sculptures into rocks from the ocean with her claws, and Kyros collected floating wood from broken ships and made shelter. Dolphin felt safe after the trauma of Kadaver and the loss of her friends and soon stayed with him on this isolated island. Soon enough the two were blessed with the conception of a child and the two couldn't be happier. Dolphin relaxed on the sandy shore and signed to Kyros "Poseidon has blessed us with this beautiful child, I can't wait to bring this baby into the world". Kyros then said, "Indeed, Zeus has given us a beautiful child. I know that this child will be someone special".

The day finally came and the birth was successful without any complications given the circumstances. Kyros held the boy in his hands and said, "Welcome to the world. Son of Atlantis and Themysicra". Dolphin took the baby in her hands and signed out the word "Z-A-I-R-E". Kyros smiled and nealed down to his love's side and said, "Zaire. A fitting name to this handsome name for a future star".

Once nightfall came the new family of three looked up into the stars feeling nothing but pure happiness. While looking into the sky, Dolphin pointing at a star that was seemingly getting bigger and brighter. The mother and father both smiled and looked back to the star. Their smiles soon disappeared when they realized that this light was getting closer and taking on a humanoid form. The figure of light hovered just above the sand and turned the silhouette of its head, seemingly looking at the child. It then reached out and touched the child. The light was absorbed into the child, and soon Zaire's heart began to glow through his chest. The baby continued to sleep as if nothing had happened and the parents looked at each other. Kyros then said, "I suppose the Gods truly blessed our son on this night".

Soon enough a voice from the sky called out to Dolphin and Kyros. "On behave of the Guardians of Oa, we are here to collect this child." an alien in a green uniform explained to the parents. Kyros stood up and said, "There is no way you are laying a... tentacle on my child"! A ray of light shot past Kyros and surrounded the baby and brought him closer to the aliens. "I am sorry, but this child has a force in him which the Universe cannot handle. We must keep him contained." the visitors took the baby leaving the heartbroken parents crying and robbed of their firstborn child.

On Oa the lanterns returned with the child and presented them to the Guardians. "We have collected the Starheard and containment is ready." the lantern said to his leaders. They were then dismissed and imprisoned the baby. Once the last lantern had left, one of the Guardians said, "With the Starheart contained, we will keep this Universe safe and ensure that it will no longer wreak havoc on our way of life".