Stealing his heart

Hi hi! So, this is my first request, hooray!! I hope I don't screw up or anything, I haven't done requests in so long. So, this was asked by Alyssajj11, I hope this is what you wanted, or somewhat similar.

(Is the title cheesy? Definitely. Will I change it? No)
_________________________________________

You waited outside the market, palms sweating and legs shaking. Stealing wasn't an easy task, specially now that security had toughened up around the streets of Corona thanks to the arrival of the princess.

You entered the market and looked around, tightening your scarf in your way in. There were tons of people around, so you weren't really remarkable around them.

You made your way to a little cart full of apples, juicy delicious shiny apples. You approached the cart and stood beside it,  trying to make it seem like you were looking at things on the cart besides it.

Just when you noticed the owner wasn't looking, you snatched two red apples from the cart and tried to slowly walk away without driving too much attention to you.

Unfortunately, the owner turned around and noticed you getting the red fruit. "Thief!!" He shouted, pointing at you with a judgmental look, making everyone turn to you.

You flinched at his call and immediately started running. Hearing the heavy boot of the guards in the distance made you go even faster, fearing what would happen if you didn't.

You headed to the bridge, the pathway to the foggy forest where you could easily loose any guard. You heard the men scream at you "Stop!" "Wait right there!" But you kept going, bumping into various civilians and not being able to apologize to them.

You were near the bridge, but more and more guards were accumulating behind you, making it harder and harder to run. There were guards by the entrance of the bridge waiting for you. You gulped down in fear, knowing there was a big leap to do.

There were a series of boxes stacked by the border of the city, just enough to help you jump. You prayed to whatever God there was and quickly rushed up the boxes to then jump, passing through seventy feet worth of fall and miraculously landing just behind the guards.

You finally passed the bridge and entered the green forest that surrounded the kingdom of Corona. Your feet were begging you to stop, the bumpy land you were running on making the pain worse and worse, but you couldn't stop when your whole life was on the line.

You turned back and noticed the guards were still following you, so you made some turns through the forest to cut them out of your tail. Finally after what felt like an eternity, there were just a few exhausted guards behind you, which gave you the security to quickly enter your secret tunnel.

You walked through the moisty pathway, catching your breath as it grew more on you that no guards were following you. You smiled at yourself when you looked upon the red treasures you had acquired, making your tummy growl of hunger.

You finally came out of the tunnel, arriving just near the small village known as Old Corona. You had discovered this pathway along a special friend of yours one day on an experiment, and now you used it almost all the time.

You walked passed the walls that protected the city and greeted some villagers passing by. You sat down in a bench under a beautiful tree and got out one apple, happy to be able to finally taste it's juicy flavor.

(Here's when Varian appears, sorry for putting so much boring content)

Just as you were to bite on the crimson fruit, a grey shade of fur appeared out of nowhere and snatched the treat out of your hands. "Hey!" You quickly shouted and turned to the thief that had stolen your price, just to find a very familiar face.