The better alchemist

Requested by ferraya23 Hope you like it! Hope it resembles what you expected!

♡♡♡

"And ladies and gentlemen that's how the amazing power of alchemy can fix your cleaning problems at home in just a second" (Y/N's) smile was wide as everyone in the crowd cheered for her and her new chemical solution that could remove stains from clothes more easily than conventional soap.

"Oh please! You call that alchemy?" She heard a too familiar voice that she despised from her side. She turned to where the voice came from to find what she expected but didn't want to see.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the crowd, could I please get your attention? Don't believe this fake of an alchemist, she barely knows the difference between lithium and sodium" The girl clenched her teeth at his presence. Varian, her worst enemy since... since ever! Once again ruining her life.

"What you guys need is my new alchemical solution for removing stains that is way easier to use. You just apply a millilitre of water into the stain in ANY surface and then apply the same amount of my new solution and BAM!! The stain is gone" He then proceeded to explain the chemical structure of his new compound and how it was gonna revolutionize the world of cleaning products. (Y/N) couldn't help but smile at how cute he seemed when he talked about alchemy, but she quickly shrugged it off once he was done.

"Oh please, I'm sure using that stuff is as dangerous as painting your house with scheele's green" (Y/N)'s voice was heard seconds after Varian finished his presentation, making a harsh remark at her competence.

Both young alchemists were at the most recent science presentation in the kingdom. It wasn't quite like the Science Expo, it was more like presenting the new products that each scientist around had developed to improve the lives of the citizens and maybe get chosen by a patron to mass produce their product.

"W-what!? Of course not! These chemicals are one hundred percent safe. They are made by me, Varian! The safest alchemist in all the land" At the end of his sentence he quickly extended his arms, which knocked down a vial of purple liquid that was on his table.

The girl on the stand besides him began to laugh as he tried to clean up the mess he just provoked. Since they were kids she had found the clumsiness of her rival pretty hilarious, making her day brighter every time he did something that adorable.

In all of the commotion a slight coughing was heard in the crowd. Both alchemist turned around to find both queen and king of Corona between the people. Both kids turned pale for a moment, specially (y/n) as she had never been face to face with their majesties.

"Y-your highnesses!" (Y/N) and Varian quickly got presentable and bowed down to the monarchs of the kingdom. Besides them was their royal advisor Nigel, who had a pretty unpleasant face from both scientists point of view.

"I imagine you two are the scientists that the people of Corona talk about" (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes and Varian's blue eyes widened at the words of the king. They have heard about both of them? Oh please to alchemy that they haven't heard about the accident with the sheep.

"There's a royal celebration coming, and we would like to ask you to create something unique for the party. A decoration based on your knowledge on science" Both teenagers were still perplexed and couldn't talk for a couple of seconds until the royal advisor cleared his throat to snap them out of their perplexity.

"O-oh Of course your majesties! I will have a decorative entertainment for the royal court in less than a week. Any petitions in particular?" Varian's response was quick and adoring, and (y/n) noticed how it was him trying to get up on her once more.