PROLOGUE: Hey, boy

Two years ago,

HER HAIR STRANDS are soggy, thickened noodles and her body is a slender sushi.

As the luminous chandeliers shone above her head, funny, it's how the crystalized marble underneath her footwear clones her image. Everything was heavy, starting from the bottom tip of her stilleto.

The world wasn't ghost-quiet, yet she hears her heart pounding without even trying. Whilst she stood frozen and kept her eyes glued on the ground, train of questions drove her head. Is this the beginning of the end? Or the end of the beginning?

"You have been staring on that for a while now, yet there's your hat holding for its life." Soft chuckles escaped Yeonseo's lips as she turned her heels and reached out a hand to her sister's head. She adjusted Seoyeon's hat that has been titled a quite bit due to the couple of steps they've made. "There. It suits you a lot, together with that robe." Her lips parted as she formed a smile.

"And you're probably saying that because I'm your twin." Seoyeon babbled and wasn't stern. If only her eyes could talk, then it could have yammered her eagerness to have her hair flat ironed again.

"You're right." Yeonseo covered her mouth and laughed a bit. Sometimes her delicate acts give her sister and others cringe, but it's alright.

People around them went cross-eyed for a second as they look extremely alike, having themselves confused about which is the one who's graduating. One can only differentiate the two upon seeing a tiny birth mark on Yeonseo's left cheek, Seoyeon in a robe, and of course, the contrast in their attitudes. They often describe Yeonseo as the emotional one, and Seoyeon is the opposite. Yet today, Seoyeon is unable to keep her heart from sinking, knowing that her instant mirror has to leave her so soon.

"Are you going to transfer and continue your study there, really?" Seoyeon couldn't hide the sadness in her eyes, but her smile shows the sincerity of happiness she has for her sister. The mixed emotions are truly flustering.

Yeonseo wants to follow their mother's steps. Months before their first year in college, the said parent departed to US to serve as a doctor and the reason was to gain a higher rate of income. It is hard to miss a certain love one everyday, but nevertheless, they're still a healthy family with the modern technology that let them stay connected.

"Hey, silly." Yeonseo smiled, and that smile was half meant. Even her chest felt tight, knowing that she has to leave her beloved twin in order to reach her beloved dream. "Chin up! Just think that you're not going to take exams again, unlike me." She kidded.

"Let's stop this. Today should be a happy day, okay?" Seoyeon elbowed her twin's arm, bursting out a couple of soft chuckles.

"Wench. You're making me dramatic-"

"Hey, boy!" Without any warning, Seoyeon whistled and waved her hand in excitement. Yeonseo immediately turned her torso and shifted her gaze at the certain sight.

It was Jeongguk smiling with his bunny teeth.

The sight of him enlightened Yeonseo much more. In fact, the thought of Jeongguk makes her smile every time, even when he does nothing. She has a bit crush on her bestfriend if she admits, despising the fact that she's two years older than him.

He was wearing a formal attire as well, accompanied by piercings. His forehead is usually covered by his bangs, but tonight his hair is laid back, showing little more of his fair skin. Is he wearing contact lenses or it's just the lights? His eyes are seemingly shining along with his aura. It makes him look hot and cute at the same time, someone should tell him that, the twin of Seoyeon thought. Jeongguk, their boy, has grown up.

But for Seoyeon, he is just Jeongguk no matter what he wears. He's still the same boy from Busan who will make you cry by not letting you win a single game. He's still the same boy that will carry you on his back when you're injured and take you to the clinic whilst ranting how heavy you are. He will still banter your bullies and steal your snack all at once.

Jeongguk is changeless in Seoyeon's eyes.

He was about to hike himself towards his bestfriends, but a sudden tap on his shoulder from an unfamiliar policeman made his footsteps come to halt. Another policeman came and together they remain standing. Their own conversation has begun.

Yeonseo leaned her head closer to her sister and whispered. "Are they father's colleagues?" If the thought of their father inviting his co-workers to attend the graduation ceremony was real, then that alone would prove the importance of this day.

"I don't know." Seoyeon shrugged. They're standing few meters distant away from the three males, yet they're able to feel the tension between them. The sparkles of happiness in his eyes slowly fade away. An air of melancholy suddenly surrounds them. "But if that so, then where is he and Guk's father?"

"Everyone, sit down." They could hear someone calling their attention, but they couldn't careless. It seems that the graduation day isn't that special after all.

Jeongguk averted his gaze from the policemen to the young ladies.

It was full of horrid.

It was full of agony.

It tucked them in confusion.

That's not how a friend should look at you on your graduation day, Seoyeon thought.

Both of them didn't know what to say nor do. They didn't know how to react.

But one thing is for sure.

They don't deserve what has happened.

Where is Yoon Gunho?