CHAPTER 3: We call it recollection

"Back . . . off."

THE TENSION is not getting any colder.

"You should be ashamed of yourself . . . Hongbin." Jeongguk named the certain lad. His hand stayed still on Jia's arm. The two young men are shooting fire with their gazes.

Jia tightened her grip on the guitar case in her hand. She's speechless, but her eyes speak in behalf, showing off her overwhelming confusion. What the hell is wrong with this guy? Secondly, who does Jeongguk think he is to save her? But nonetheless, she is quite thankful for Jeongguk's sudden appearance, whether this gentlemanlike of him is artificial or not.

Sometimes you have to let people pretend that they care about you. At least they consider enough to make you feel better.

Hongbin darted his gaze towards the ground. He, the bully, poked his tongue on the left side of his cheeks and made a muffled snort. It wasn't really Jia who he targeted from the start, it was Jeongguk. Annoying the lad till death is one of his goals everyday, and since he caught him glimpsing at the certain girl, he thought she'll be useful.

And he's right.

With the silence being made, Jeongguk decided to pull Jia out of this immaturity alongside him, walking past Hongbin that is standing still. He thought that the certain conversation would end in that way, but then hearing words from the latter's mouth made his footsteps come to halt immediately.

"You are the one who should be ashamed, Jeon." Hongbin babbled, slowly taking his steps towards his motorcycle. A michievous grin is tugging at the corner of his lips. "If only your rotten father was a ghost, then he would have been ashamed of you as well, finding that you're befriending with that culprit's wench—"

"Hongbin!" Jeongguk exclaimed his name and turned his shoes, accelerating his footsteps towards the latter whilst leaving Jia behind. He then harshly grabbed Hongbin's shoulder to make them face one another.

That's it.

The sting is indeed notable, yet maniacal laughs had escaped Hongbin's lips as he cupped his chin with his hand. The impact marked crimson against his skin. Jeongguk's fist is intensely composed and clenched still, veins are starting to show up.

"You'd call that a punch?" With that being asked, Hongbin returned the fistful of pain as well.

Jeongguk cussed under his breath right after, wiping the blood that formed on the left corner of his lips. He then vigorously grabbed a handful of the bully's collar, becoming more furious and reckless.

"B-both of you! . . . Stop!"

The sudden actions made Jia dumbfound, she struggles and doesn't know what to do. Other people started to surround them, chattering, as if being nosy is helpful. But indeed, like what they are whispering about, it is very rare to see this side of Jeongguk. A honor student like him would never include himself in a scandalous scene like this, but today is an exemption.

"What?" Asked the bully, chortling not humbly. "Did my punch turn you on? Go ahead then . . . kiss me. " Hongbin's sarcasm increased the latter's anger. He closed his eyes, for he knew he's going to receive another one. But the smile won't leave his face. He's really glad to blemish Jeongguk's image.

Jeongguk was about to lift his duke once again, but got interrupted by a loud whistle.

"You two! Stop it right there!" A school guard walked towards their direction, pointing his baton at the young men. "Unless if you want to meet a guidance counselor, go on then." The old man harshly yanked Jeongguk's hand and pushed them apart. He then examined their school I.Ds. "You are both college students! Is that how you should act?"