Sexuality

There is something about this subject that irks me. Not about this specifically, but how people use it as a way to hurt someone, as if it's a bad thing.

I'm bringing up this subject because I just remembered something, that. A year back, I was helping these group of kids in a class, and someone brought up a child who claimed to be gay. (Just a little note here, these kids swore A LOT, and understood dirty jokes, sometimes even made them.) They badmouthed the boy to an extent, that they made fun of his weight, boyfriend, speaking, and etc. I butted in saying being gay was okay, and they looked at me as if it was Mr. Potato Head speaking. Not a human being.

Another scenario, a girl got asked if she were a lesbian. And it wasn't in a tone that the person was actually curious, but in a snarky tone, like he already knew the answer. She replied with a 'no', and then his friends insisted she looked lesbian. (Like there's a way lesbians look-). They made fun of her attire while they left. She was a child, and I know this because when I talked to her afterwards when she cried, she said she was barely a teenager, still trying to figure herself out. And she didn't want to cry in front of her friend, because her friend was actually Bi, and then her other friend was with the group of people making fun of her, which were high schoolers.

So people like to imply that being attracted to a different gender, no gender, etc. is a disrespect towards society, in a way. We claim that the world is getting better, but I just don't see it. Sure, I see parades, pictures, movies, and songs for the LGBT community. But the actions of the minorities is the thing I'm paying most attention to, because they're the next generation. They're the ones that'll lead, yet they still make homophobic jokes about others.