School

This will be short. I am annoyed by the image that TV shows and movies depict of schools, and their students. Sure, they portray important issues like bullying, difficulty in sexuality, but what about the anxiety and stress the students actually get from school itself? I have realized that the older generation has no idea how this or the new generation feels. They believe that since we don't pay bills, rent, or work yet, we're not allowed to have mental breakdowns, anxiety, stress and etc. We're supposed to feel lucky! Which is funny because I remember crying over my grades too many times to count, thinking that I should die because that would end my entire future planned out. The older generation has put this bag of bricks on our backs and expect us to be okay with it, we should just live up to their expectations. The media is afraid to blame it on the older generation and the schools because of the black lash they will get, but it needs to be said! This isn't healthy in any shape of form! We've surrounded ourselves with this idea that everything will be okay as long as we get good grades. We've brought ourselves to think that nothing else matters in the world. It's as if we will never truly enjoy our lives. We just study, work, retire and die. So we'll only enjoy ourselves when health problems start to surface. That's truly exciting. The number of students getting depression is getting higher and it's NOT because of the internet.