Chapter 10

Amina

I woke up feeling so much better than the night before. I had took a long bath, ate a big dinner and got a good night's sleep. I had a few stitches and bruises here and there but other then that I felt great.

I woke up, took another shower and went to find something to wear. I settled on some leggings, a tank top, and some flip flops. I didn't want to dress up because I had a lot of business to take care of today.

I brushed my hair into a high pony tail and Skipped the makeup. I didn't have time for it. I grabbed a purse out of my closet and put some cash in it. I got my keys and headed to my car.

First I headed over to Khalil's. He wanted to talk to me and I know his over protective ass just wanted to talk about bodyguards are some shit.

I pulled into his house and got out. I went to the door and rung the doorbell. He opened the door and gave me another hug.

"You a soft ass thug," I said laughing. He thumped me upside my head and then went into the living room. "Nigga you was watching Scandal?"

"Hell yeah that shit go hard. Don't act like you don't be watching it too. Olivia can get the D." He said in a serious tone. I scrunched up my face.

He came back and handed me a black box. "Here you go lil girl. Take this as my apology for always getting you in some shit." he said. I opened the box and inside was a gold charm bracelet. There was a bunch of different little charms on it that represented something about me.

I gave Khalil a big hug. This was so sweet. It almost made me cry. "You know I would do anything for you lil sis."

"Aww I love you bubba." I said laughing.

"Don't call me that shit no more," he thumped me again. We chilled for a little bit and played the game before I had to leave to go to Que's house. I had to go pick up the purse I left in his car.

When I got to his house he opened the door and let me in. He went to go get my purse for me but he was acting really awkward. I wouldn't have kissed his ass if I knew he was going to feel all weird about it.

I grabbed my purse and headed toward the door without saying anything. I was almost to my car before I heard Que calling my name behind me.

"Mina, I need to ask you something," he stopped and I nodded for him to continue. " So, last night, what did that kiss mean. Did it mean anything at all cause...."

I stopped him before he started rambling again. "I'm not sure. I like you Que. I've liked you for a while, but I just want to continue life normal for now and let things unfold on their own." I told him.

"Ok. That's fine with me," he said. "But when I have you just know you gon be stuck with me. And by the way, you look sexy today." I giggled and got in my car. I drove off and went to handle the rest of my business for today.

___________________________

Khalil

After Mina left, I went to the Galleria to go do some shopping. It was packed full of all different types of people. It was broke niggas trying to cap, broke bitches trying to find a man, rich white people, middle class people that just got paid, and people like me. A successful nigga with money. Legal or not it's still my money.

I went into the Gucci store to look for a suit for this big event I had coming up. I always had to look my best in the public eye.

It's crazy how far I've came. I remember when my mom was struggling to pay bills and working for minimum wage. Now she don't have to work for nothing.

While I was at checkout I felt a pair of eyes on me. When I turned to see who it is I was surprised. Standing there was my old best friend Nia. We used to be so close in high school. One day we got drunk and messed around with each other after a party. After that she moved schools and I didn't hear from her again. She looked even better than she did back then. She had gotten a little taller. Her ass and boobs filled out more. Her brown naturally curly hair went great with her eyes and her light brown skin.

"Nia, how have you been?" I asked her.

"I've been good," she replied nervously. "Look Khalil, the reason I stopped talking to you wasn't your fault at all. It was mines. I was embarrassed. I knew I couldn't handle my liquor but I got drunk anyway and lost my virginity. Everybody knew about it and I just couldn't face anybody after that, especially you. I'm sorry." she said with her head down.

"It's cool Nia. I understand. I just wish you would've told me. But maybe we can hang out again one day."

"Yes, that would be nice." She said smiling. She gave me her number and we went our separate ways. Seeing her again just made me feel some type of way.

Nia in The MM
________________________

Please leave comments and feedback