[ Chapter 3: Mom ]

Night was one of Jungkook's worst hours. Night was like a monster that'd crawl out from under his bed and grasp at bus ankles, pulling him into the depths of what he called total hell. It would wrap itself around Jungkook's body and trap him inside eternal darkness. He could never escape from it. He couldn't slip his body past the bars that held him back. If anything, those bars grew thicker and thicker each night. They even started growing thorns. There wasn't anything he could do about it...

This night was one of the worst nights he's ever had. He should've seen it coming. But he didn't. His parents were yelling a whole lot louder this time. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't cover up the sound. All the things they said to each other made his tears fall down his cheeks. He wanted to cut himself again. He needed to. Yet... he couldn't get himself to. His hands were much too shaky to even hold anything. He struggled to breathe. He felt like he was having some form of an anxiety attack. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

Then... all he could hear was the muffled pleads of his mother, followed by a scream. Then silence, only his sobs filling that silence. Jungkook slowly stood up, his legs wobbling a little. He slowly walked out of his room to check on his parents. His mother lied on the floor, his father over her body. His mother had been stabbed repeatedly by his father. Jungkook's eyes widened, covering his mouth as he quickly tried to get back to his room as quietly as possible. His father didn't notice him, thankfully. He immediately collapsed after the door was shut. The image of his mother's bleeding body, her eyes and mouth open in a dead, terrified expression. Jungkook kept his hands over his mouth, trying not to puke at the sight. He really couldn't breathe anymore. It hurt to breath. It hurt to cry. It... hurt. All over.

~~~

Jungkook didn't even remember passing out, but he did. He wasn't on the floor, but on his small bed... He didn't think much of it and checked the time. It was around 6 in the morning. He got ready for the day, knowing he didn't have school that day. He sighed shakily and stepped out of his room. All he could think about was his mother... his mother...

Her dead body.

Jungkook walked out of his room, looking around. His mother was sleeping on the couch... He internally sighed, but not really in relief. Maybe it he dreamed of his mother's death... He pulled out his phone. He had an unread message from Taehyung... Yes, they even exchanged numbers a while back. Jungkook looked back at his mother's sleeping figure, then slowly opened the front door to leave. He closed it as quietly as possible without waking his mother up. Jungkook sat down on the small porch, finally reading the text he got.

Taehyung
Good morning, Kookoo! Did you sleep okay?

Jungkook didn't want to lie to lie to him, but he kind of had to. He didn't want Taehyung to find out about anything. So... he responded.

Jungkook
I slept fine. Did you?

Taehyung
Yeah! I did! :)
Ah, I wish I slept a little longer though.
But I don't want to sleep the whole day
So I guess it's good I didn't bother to got back to sleep.