Chapter Twenty Three

Numb is how I feel right now seeing the guards carrying Ben back to our morgue I turn to Elijah “I want to be the one to tell him family they shouldn’t hear this from pack gossip Elijah it’s just wrong" I say as we walk behind them as we get to th...

Numb is how I feel right now seeing the guards carrying Ben back to our morgue I turn to Elijah “I want to be the one to tell him family they shouldn’t hear this from pack gossip Elijah it’s just wrong" I say as we walk behind them as we get to the morgue I walk in and wait for them to lay Ben down before I send the guards out I know that Elijah  hasn’t left I can sense him standing at the door I walk over to Ben’s body before taking him hand in mine I hold it looking down at him as a start to cry “ I will find who did this to you and I will get vengeance for you Ben you didn’t deserve this I’m so sorry" I sob as I place his hand back on his chest and walk back over to Elijah who is standing with his arms wide open for me to walk into. “we will go and tell his parents then we need to phone Adrien and let him know what is happening” he says as he rubs circles on my back to calm me it starts to work as my breathing starts to settle I take Elijah by the hand as we walk out of the doors we stop at the front desk to speak to the coroner “ I want a detailed report check him for fingers prints and everything so I can personally check them against the packs database” Elijah says to the coroner I let go of his hand and start walking to the front door needing to get out. I stood at the door way looking out over the pack grounds to me everyone’s now a suspect I will find out who did this and why they want me what do they plan to do to me i ponder to myself I’m so lost I’m my train of through I nearly jump out of my skin when Elijah takes hold of my waist I take a few calming breaths before smacking his chest “ you scared the shit out of me” I stat as I start walking away in the direction of Ben’s family home I need to get this done they have the right to know about their son and the sooner the better “well not for the better” my subconscious stats. We walk to Ben’s family home it’s a cosy little two story house with a small porch we all up the steps and a cross the porch to the door I stand there for a few breathes before raising my hand making a fish and lightly knocking on the door we don’t wait long until Betty answers the door she takes one lock at our faces and starts crying I do the only thing I can and take her in my arms feeling her shake as she sobs it breaks my heart to have to tell her this “we are so sorry betty we are doing everything we can do to find out who has done this to Ben he was an incredible young man and didn’t deserve this to happen to him" I speak softly as I rub reassuring circles on her back “what... what happened to my boy Kaye” betty hiccups as she takes a step back to look between myself and Elijah. Elijah takes a step forward “we were arriving back to the pack grounds when we came across Ben’s body I feel it best I warn you before you go to the morgue Ben had his heart ripped from his chest and a note threatening the Luna i am doing everything in my power to bring whoever’s responsible for Ben’s death to justice i will personally over see this until i have their hearts in my hand and their heads on spikes we are truly sorry for your loss Betty is there anything we can do for you" Elijah says taking her hand in a consoling manner which warms my heart to see the great ruthless alpha show remorse. “would you like me to link Mike to come back to the house Betty I don’t want you to be alone right now” I as Betty as I slowly take her back into her home taking her through to the front do and into the living room I look around the room seeing loads of different photos of all of their family but Ben is always front an centre in every photo with a bright smile. I look to Elijah seeing that he has that far away look meaning that he is linking Mike I get Betty to sit down “Betty I am going to make you a coffee with some sugar for the shock is there anything else you need" I ask softly stroking her hand she just looks at me with a tear slowly slip down her cheek “ just one sugar please Kaye” I nod my head as I get back up and walk through the house to get to her kitchen I fill the kettle up with water and put in on the stand flicking the switch. I look through the cubberds until I find the cups and take one out I put the coffee in one spoon full of sugar and go to the fridge getting the milk out I put some in the cup and but the milk back in the fridge I hear the click of the kettle and walk back over pouring the hot water into the cup mix the contents picking the cup up I walk back through the house to the sitting room and hand Betty her cup she hiccups a “thank you” taking a sip of it. We waited for her husband to come home and explained everything to him before me and Elijah took our leave walking out of the house I reached out my hand for Elijah to take as we walked I couldn’t shake this horrible feeling like someone is watching me “I think we need to do a full patrol Elijah I feel like I’m being watched” I say as we walk through the woods back towards the pack house “ I agree Kaye I feel it too but my concern is your safety you know what that note said they are coming for you and as long as I don’t know who they are I don’t want you to be alone you will be assigned a bodyguard” Elijah says as he brings my hand to his lips laying a soft kiss to the back of my hand.