Chapter 1

Hey guys!! It's the author!! The main character, Emily, has curly red hair and blue eyes. Just wanted you guys to know. I couldn't figure out a good way to incorporate it so. There you go.
---------------------------------------------
🐬Emily's POV🐬

"Emily!!" My mother shouted from downstairs. "Let's go!! We're gonna be late for the special dinner your grandma made."

"I'm coming Mom!!" I yelled back down. "Just packing last minute stuff!!"

I threw my charger, snacks, and other small necessities into my car bag. I was going to Maryland from Virginia for two weeks with my mom and my two annoying brothers Nate and Andrew. Nate has sandy blonde hair with blue eyes and Andrew has long-ish red curly hair with blue eyes also. We were staying with my grandmother who lived all by her lonesome. My Mom went up there occasionally, but never with the whole family.

I grabbed my suitcase, cat carrier, phone and ran out the door and threw my stuff in the back of the trunk. As we pulled out I stuck my headphones in until we arrived at the grandma's house.

🚗4 long hours later🚗
My brothers argued the whole way to Grandma's house. As we arrived the boys leaped out of their seats to run inside. Our dog, who was a pit bull-hound mix, bounded towards Grammy, nearly knocking her over, and locked her face.

"Grandma!!" The boys exclaimed.
"Hello boys. Oh, Emily. You look as lovely as ever!" Grammy complimented.

"Thanks Grammy." I replied cheerfully.

We all grabbed our luggage and hauled it inside.

"Oh don't call me that, it makes me feel old." She smiled as we entered the house.

"The boys room is down the hall 3 door on the left. Carla, you know where yours is. Emily," she paused giddy with anticipation. "Come with me."