Rooftop and Champagne

Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment :) Love, Allie.

The song Harry sang to Thea: Come Here by Kat Bloom

.

Thea returned to her flat the next morning and ran into Blake. He had just come back from his morning run, was about to open his door when he saw her, and his expression closed up as he pressed his lips into a small smile.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." She smiled back and pulled out her key. It was hard to act normal after their conversation a few nights ago. They hadn't spoken since, and she had stopped expecting the good news from him. Laura Hilfgard had probably thrown her manuscript in the trash, and the sad part was she wasn't even upset as she was already used to rejections.

"Can we talk?" Blake spoke as she opened her door.

She turned around, holding her breath. "S-Sure. What is it?"

A corner of his mouth turned up as a way to tell her, "you know what it is," but she was too embarrassed, she breathed out a laugh and wrapped her arms around herself. She couldn't stop thinking about how she had overreacted the other night, and she'd rather have him never speak to her again than talk about it now.

"I'm so sorry," he said, to her surprise. "I hope you're not mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you."

"You're not?"

"No." She licked her lip and let out a soft breath. "And I'm not moving in with Harry either." Seeing his eyes go round, she didn't want to give him the wrong idea so she had to add, "we've decided that this isn't the right time, but it's definitely something we both want in the future."

"That's good. I'm glad you're happy." He jammed his hands in his pockets as she took a deep breath with a beam on her face.

"Thank you," she said, noticing his reluctance.

He cleared his throat, raising a finger like he finally remembered something and patting his pockets to look for his phone. She had a feeling that she knew what he was about to show her. She just didn't want to get her hopes up.

Staring at his fingers, Thea didn't realise she wasn't breathing properly as she saw him unlock his phone and open his messages.

"Here. Read it yourself." He gave the phone to her. She hesitantly took it and saw the text delivered at 8 PM last night when she was at dinner with Harry.

Loved your friend's story. Will contact her soon! :)

Her heart skipped a beat as she gasped and covered her mouth. Blake let out a chuckle while she was still speechless. "I already gave Laura your number so don't turn off your pho--"

Thea didn't let him finish as she gave him a full bear hug, the first one they had shared in three years. It startled him at first but he hugged her back in less than a second. If she hadn't pulled away, he probably wouldn't either. But she did let go of him to grip his phone with both hands, and while she was smiling at the message, he was smiling at her.

"I have to tell Harry!" she said, turning his smile into a frown. "Should I tell Harry now or should I wait until Laura contacts me?"

Blake was about to answer when she cut him off, "you're right! I should wait until it's official! She could change her mind at the last minute." She breathed through her mouth, clutching the phone to her chest. "Oh God, I'm so happy!"

"I could tell." He chuckled.

"Thank you so much! Just tell me what you want and I'll buy it for you as a gift."