Chapter 11

Rain, Again!

A week had passed since that day. Things were back to normal. Zack was back to his usual annoying self now that I had recovered fully. I was back to being annoyed by him. Our group had undergone tremendous growth. A new change was that Tom and Sam were an official couple and Vivaan and Ishika had a thing going on. They were too shy to admit but it could be read off their faces that they were absolutely smitten by each other. I kind of found them cute especially when Ishika would shy away at the mere mention of his name.

Currently, I was getting ready for Zack's place. We were going to complete our journals today and nothing worth researching or learning. He had a few notes missing and I was taking them along. Surprised? Even I was. For that genius dumbass was never left behind.

I wore my shirt and a jeans dungaree with it. Putting on my sneakers, I grabbed my backpack and walked on foot. I was in a good mood today and I was loving the cool wind. It would rain anytime soon. I loved rainy weather. In about fifteen minutes, I was at his door. I knocked at the door and Zack opened it.

"Finally, the queen arrives. What took you so long, your highness?" He asked sarcastically.

"I was in a mood for a walk." I brushed him off, grinning.

"Did you bring the notes?"

"Oops. I forgot!" I played along.

"HOW COULD YOU WHEN I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU THIRTY MINUTES AGO?" He spoke unable to believe my forgetful ass.

"I am really sorry." I made a puppy face at him. "But how could you not already have those notes when you're such a geek?" I mimiced him.

"I am not a geek." He spoke annoyed at my ignorance.

"Tell me where are those? I will bring them." He asked grabbing the bike's keys.

"When you'll drive to my house. You will go upstairs to my room and then you'll find a door. You come out of the door, go downstairs, start your bike and drive straight. Then you take the first left and then a right. You'll reach an apartment. You ring the bell, I will open the door. You'll come inside and find a bag on the couch. You'll open the bag and there you go!" I grinned.

He looked at me with the most amused expression and then pushed me aside to find my bag. "Very funny." He spoke with a dry fake laugh.

"Yeah it was." I giggled. "Where's everyone else though?"

"Steve is out. Tom on a date. Vivaan at his parents."

"Cool. So we are alone."

"Yeah, we are alone, cupcake. What are you suggesting?" He smirked.

"Eww. Shut up Zack!" I smacked his face.

He brought his face closer. "Think it through, cupcake. We are alone." He whispered in a devilish tone.

"I would rather die."

"Why? Do you prefer dying over some mac n cheese?" He spoke innocently.

"Oh. Mac n Cheese. Right, right." I replied.

"What did you think?" He smirked.

"Oh nothing." I grew red.

"Wait, you thought you and I? you know? alone? Chiiii!" He spoke dramatically.

"Buzz off!" I replied annoyed.

"Now would you mind taking out the journal and do the actual work?" He asked with an annoyed expression.

"Yes I would mind." I nodded, grinning as I held the journal tightly to myself.

"Give me that." He forcefully took it from me and started writing as I sat there huffing. Suddenly I got another idea. I moved my fingers through his hair, ruining his oh so precious babies.

"No touching, cupcake." He gritted his teeth.

"What did you say, dirty mouth?" I asked as I poked his sides.

"I said no touching!" He made it clear.

"Me and touching you? Huh, in your dreams, dumbass." I smirked. I got a bit away from him and started singing in my worst voice just to distract him.

"But in the end, it doesn't even matterrrraaaaaaaaaaa." I was suddenly thrown upside down on his shoulder before I knew it. I punched his back but he didn't budge.

"Zack, what the hell are you doing? Put me down."

He opened the door to his room and threw me on the bed. "Now sing all you want." He said and locked it from outside.

"What am I supposed to do now." I sat there.

"Zack, sorry. I won't do it again. Now open this please. Your room is very boring and I've seen it a thousand times already."

"I don't care. Serves you right for that concert. My ears are bleeding right now." He shouted back.

I sighed and settled back on the edge of the bed. "Great. Just great."

Suddenly, the power went out and the room was filled with complete darkness and locked.

"Zack?" I called him out. "If this is a prank, it's not funny at all. You know it, Zack. Open up." I spoke calmly, but my mouth was getting dry and my heart racing.

"Zack? Are you there?" I knocked on the door.

"Zack?" I banged it but still of no avail.

I was getting highly claustrophobic now. I wiped the sweat off my face and raced around the room trying to find a way out. But the door and all windows were locked. I accepted my defeat and settled on the floor in a corner. Suddenly, I heard some shuffling and in the next moment, he was running towards me. It was almost as if he remembered the night at library. He remembered my fear. He ran towards me with a flashlight and picked my half ass responding body in his arms. He carried me outside and settled me on the couch.

"Are you okay? I am so sorry. I was looking for the keys that's why it took so long."

I nodded, gulping. His face was a few inches away from me and he was kneeling in front of the couch. My breath rate was super fast and I was dazed by his eyes. They were enchanting and inviting. I was so lost in them that I didn't realise how close we were and the next thing I knew was that I was full on holding him to myself. My arms went behind his neck and his on my back as he rolled on top of me. He pulled apart after a sweet and gentle one. He was breathing heavily as he placed his forehead on mine. His eyes were closed and he was smiling. His smile was so beautiful that it brought a confused smile on my face too. I was still lost but now a little more, almost like a puppy. I didn't know what I wanted and so I grabbed his collar again and relished him to my heart's desire.

■■■■■■

W

hoopsie