Work For It

Sheamus meets (Y/N) at an open tryout for WWE and he is really interested but doesn't make a move or anything. He can't stop thinking about her. One day he goes to the PC and she's working out there, because she was given a developmental contract in NXT.

With a duffel bag resting on his pale shoulder and the hot Floridian sun beating down on his back, Sheamus made his way to the entrance of the Performance Center. He stopped in his tracks once his eyes landed on you.

Sheamus didn't recognize you, so you surely were at the PC for the open tryout, and you were... stunning. At least for him, you were.

For a few seconds, he studied you.

You stood there, with your dark brown hair tight in a ponytail, completely caught up in a conversation with another woman. Your big brown eyes sparkled as you laughed at something the woman said.

You were definitely something special, Sheamus thought. He couldn't quite come up with a specific explanation as to how or why he was completely drawn to this woman... only that he was.

Suddenly, your gaze moved, landing on him, and your eyes met. Sheamus felt like a deer in headlights. He quickly averted his gaze and walked towards the locker room, feeling his face blush.

You shrugged it off. Slightly. Because it somehow caused a twisted feeling on your stomach.

You know Sheamus. Well, not personally, you just know the character he plays. And you love it. Still, you were always curious to know how he is behind the spotlight and the cameras.

You're very attracted to the man, physically. Not the persona, but the man behind it. The way he wore his hair, down and natural, as it was just now... his beard... the way he just is a simple and laidback guy, wearing comfy clothes and laying low. Yeah, he was your type.

You snap out of your thoughts, suddenly realizing you've completely zoned out of the conversation for a couple of seconds.

----

The tryout had gone out pretty well. After the individual presentations, the group was distributed through some of the WWE wrestlers. You and three other girls ended up with Cesaro. So currently, you were just doing a small briefing with him and the girls.

When you're done, you and Cesaro walk down to the locker room together, the other girls staying behind you, chatting. The walk was quiet, and you were slightly lost in thought. But suddenly, Cesaro's voice snap you out of it.

"(Y/N), hello? Hey? You in there?" He snaps his long fingers in front of your face, chuckling. You finally face him, your cheeks tinted with a slight blush, worsening when you notice Sheamus standing beside him. "Now that you're back on Earth, as I was saying, (Y/N), this is Sheamus. Sheamus, this is (Y/N)."

There's a few seconds of awkward silence. You and Sheamus are both blushing, fidgeting nervously, as Cesaro looks between the both of you, wondering what the hell is going on.

"Uh, it's nice to meet you... (Y/N)." Sheamus finally says, his voice rougher than what you were used to from TV, and Jesus Christ, the way he said your name... his goddamn accent.

Your heart is beating madly in your chest, and you could swear your legs turned to jelly.

"I- Hm, it's nice to meet you too." You mumble, feeling your face hot as a tomato.

The awkward silence turned into uncomfortable, and Cesaro really didn't understand what was going on, but he definitely intended on asking Sheamus about it.