01 | To Old Friends & Lost Memories

"I saw all of us," Beverly said. Your hand unconsciously clutched your knee as she talked.  "All of us were there. Like in the cistern. But, we were older...we were our parents' ages."

     "Am I still handsome as an adult?" Richie asked, squishing his cheeks in. You and Eddie snorted.

     "You never were handsome, dude." You veered back into the soft grass as Richie attempted to elbow you in the side for your remark.

     "You grow into your looks," Beverly said in response to Richie as she chuckled.

     "What the fuck does that mean?" Richie stated, as more laughter rang out.

     "What about me?" Stan asked.

     "Like now." Beverly said, "but...taller."

     You and Richie snorted. You, however, took the extra step and spoke up. "His dick size match up?" You and Richie began to burst out laughing, as the others offered only a solitary chuckle. "But, on a more serious note...what do I look like? Beautiful as ever?" You snorted self-deprecatingly.

    "Even more beautiful than now," Beverly said jokingly. You smiled, and Richie looked offended the redhead had offered you a saving grace and not him.

     "Swear." You looked at Bill pick up a piece of glass, then stand up. "S-swear...if Ir isn't dead..if Ir ever comes back...we'll come back to."

     ◌◌◌

     Jade Of The Orient.

     It was in big, bold, neon letters near the roof of the restaurant.

     Your mom's old workplace had really upgraded, hadn't it?  From run-down restaurant to a fine Chinese dining establishment. You wondered if your mother would be jealous of the pay raise for waitresses. You sighed a bit and straightened yourself out, parting a hand through your frazzled hair, then patting down your clothing for creases and dust.

     And inside you went.

     You were the third to enter after Mike and Bill, and your presence went unnoticed until you made the decision to clear your throat.

     "[Y/N]!" Bill threw his arms around you, and a few seconds later Mile followed Bill's actions. You chuckled.

     "It's good to see you guys." You exited Bill and Mike's embrace as you heard familiar ranting...

     "Holy shit," Eddie stated when he finished listing his allergies to the waitress.

     As you, Eddie, Bill, and Mike were absorbed in conversation (you making stupid jokes, as per usual), you didn't notice Beverly, Ben, or Richie enter. What drew your attention was the banging of a gong, courtesy of your favorite trash mouth.

   "This meeting of the Loser's Club has officially begun!" Richie stated, and you snorted.

   "Appropriate, considering the entrance of the world's biggest fuckin' loser." You gestured to Richie, who rolled his eyes.

   Eddie huffed a laugh before speaking, "look at these guys." It went silent as Richie gestured something you didn't understand at all, which is surprising, considering you, Richie, and Eddie had a whole secret language of ways to insult each other.

   Finally, you all sat down and pushed shot glasses together in a toast to your reunion. You weren't much of a drinker, but for this occasion, you'd deal with the burn of liquor down your throat. And you were downing quite a lot. You listened in to the conversation.