VIII

It was half-past midnight and Y/N was still up chatting with the entertaining members of the RFA. Sure, she was tired, but its all worthwhile.

step
step
step

Hearing footsteps towards the apartment door, she tensed up, but then thought it could probably be a neighbor. The only problem was, it didn't stop. She felt like the person was right behind her door. There was a ring at the doorbell.

She starts panicking.

What if it's a murderer? What if it's a kidnapper?

Though, she felt a compulsion to open the door. She felt like whatever was behind the door would fill her heart.

So she opens it.

And there he was. Standing right in front of her eyes. It was the person she had slowly forgotten about in the course of a week. It was Ray.

"Ray?"
"Y/N... did I wake you?"
"No. What are you doing here? You could've just called me."
"What do you think of me?" He blurted out.
"I...think you're a great person."
"So, would you still want to come with me?"
"To where?"
"Remember the time where you said you should be awake if you were kidnapped by me?"

"Hey, you called?"

"I called 5 times."

"Sorry.. I was busy. I work, you know?"

"As what?"

"Maybe if you came to me you would know."

"Why can't you just come to me?"

"Is that an invitation?"

"If you know where the address is, you could come kidnap me in my sleep, but why shouldn't I be awake while I get kidnapped by a hot guy?"

"Oh, right."
"So?"
"I mean, why not? I still have nothing better to do with my life."

As she spoke those words, a thought sailed across her mind.

What about my family?