01

"Tell me again." I stared into his eyes, he looked guilty. Good.

"Cami please it's late-" He started to sound irritated. But I don't care. He did this, he has to own up to it.

"No. I said tell me again." I'd been holding back tears and sobs for hours, they were threatening to get out. Not right now. Please, not right now.

"You weren't home, and Sarah," Another wave of sadness and dread filled me when he said my best friends name. That lying whore. "was there.I don't know why or how she was there, she just- she just was. And I was," he sighed, and ran his hand through his hair. I used to love it when he did that. Used to. " I was angry, mad and sad. I just lost the promotion at work and you were, well you were at work. Like you always were."

That fûcker. "No, no,no,no." I stood up. There is no way in hell he was going to blame me. That piece of shït. "You don't get to blame me." I pointed my finger at him. " I'm always at work because unlike you I'm actually successful and not a lying, cheating pice of shït!" I stomped. I probably looked like a crazy maniac but I had my reasons.

I felt like I was on fire. The tears of sadness turned into those of anger. "Thats the problem! Your supposed to stay home, I'm supposed to provide for us-"

"No! There is no 'us' you made sure of that." I took a few steps back when he stood up. "And how do you think you would provide huh? Huh? With what? Your shîtty job and your nonexistent promotion?"

He held his arms out, trying to plead with me. "Listen, it was a one time thing-"

"Don't you dare! I don't care if it was a one time thing." Pain flashed throughly chest. "You went around for weeks, weeks, without telling me. You and that, that fûcking skank were around me with your big old secret and leaving me in the dark. You let me be the dumb one."

"Don't call her a skank." Is he fûcking kidding me?

"Jesus Christ! God!" The migraine I had was getting worse, I couldn't be here anymore. " I can't be here anymore." I walked past him. He grabbed my elbow.

"Where are you going?"

"Don't act like you care." I pulled myself out of his grasp and went to the closet.

"I do care, Cami, I do-"

"If you fûcking cared, you wouldn't have cheated on me and you wouldn't have just defended her!"

I grabbed the first hoodie I saw and walked to the door. "Cami just-"

"No, you don't get to call me that. You know what, you don't get to call me by my name, at all." I walked out the door and made sure to slam it shut.

"Cami!" He yelled a few seconds later.

"Shut the fûck up Levi!" I yelled back. I just needed to leave.

"Cami it's late you shouldn't be out there." He was right behind me. "Please just stay, just until the morning."

I stoped and turned right around. Levi bumped into me and shoved him off, not rough enough to make him fall but just enough to get him off me. "If you seriously think I'm ever going to be in the same room as you then you are fûcken mistaken."

I turned around and ignored his calls. I just needed to leave this building. The humiliation and sadness felt like it was suffocating me.

The second my feet hit the New York streets, it felt like I could breath. That's the thing about New York, the vibe of the city just lifts you up.