Epilogue Part 2

Solis (Cato's little brother) POV

It's been twenty years since the rebellion, and the rebels won. Everything has been quiet since, but I never forgot about my older brother, Cato. I hardly remember him though, I remember he used to play with me all the time and that he would beat the crap out of anyone who dared to make fun of me. But I go back and watch his Games every year to remind myself of him. I can clearly remember his ashes ceremony. We let him and the girl he loved go, drifting away into sky, the wind carrying them along. Forever intertwined.

For the 75th Hunger Games, the one after Cato's, it was a Quarter Quell. Brutus and Enobaria had never been the same after both their Tributes died, they became harsher and more violent. So when they had a chance, both of them volunteered to go back into the Game. Enobaria is still alive, though, Brutus died. I still live where District 2 used to be, on top of Eagle Mountain, where I let go of my brother and his true love. When I go back and watch the Games (as painful as they are) every year it becomes so much more obvious how much they love each other. At first I noticed nothing, then I saw their longing glances at each other when no one was looking, and how they each got jealous of like, anyone who showed the slightest interest in the other. Also every conversation they had you could practically feel the sexual tension.

Before the Games, Clove was just a random girl I'd heard about and never really paid attention to. The first real time I actually looked and paid attention to her was when I was twelve and watching the Games. I see now that she had an extraordinary talent with weapons and how she had captured my brother's attention. Clove was beautiful, strong, brave, playful, and confident, it's something that I wish I could find in a girl. I also wish that I could find true love, as Cato did, but so far I've been out of luck. I still look up to Cato, or Cat as Clove called him, even though he's dead, I can still learn a lot from him from his Games. Cato lives on in my heart, and my mother's. My father died during the rebellion, and my mother lives in the Victor's house that I grew up in. Many people still live in the 2 area, since this is where they feel the most comfortable.

It is peaceful, no wars, no games, no tyranny. I hear that Katniss Everdeen is living in the remains of 12 with her husband, Peeta or Lover Boy as Cato called him. I've forgiven Katniss, even though she killed my brother she did it from mercy, he was suffering greatly and she put him out of his misery. He wasn't just suffering from physical pain, but you could see him loosing himself after Clove died. I hope that whatever afterlife he's in, he's with her, with Clove. It was when he seemed the happiest and well, most sane. The Mayor here is named Gale Hawthorn, he's fair but opinionated. I like him, he speaks his mind, and I admire him for it. Apparently he was Katniss Everdeen's best friend, until something happened, what, I don't know. He doesn't have a girlfriend or wife, which is surprising because he is actually quite young and handsome (coming from a perfectly straight guy). Okay, well he's not young and handsome anymore, but he used to be, and practically all the girls were throwing themselves at him, but he turned down every single one of them.

I sit atop the mountain and stare down to where people are milling around in the streets. I wonder if Cato was alive what he would be doing right now. I wonder if Cato was alive what everyone else would be doing right now too.

-0_0-

Peeta's POV

I never told Katniss about the promise that Clove made me, it would just make her feel bad and guilty. But now, we have children and a happy life, we promised no secrets, so today I'm going to tell her about Clove, about how we would both be dead without her. I'm sure that the other Tributes had voted no for me joining the Alliance but Clove convinced them to say yes, and she could've climbed the tree to kill Katniss, but she didn't.

"Katniss?" I say.

"Yes?" Katniss says mimicking my voice.

"There's something I should tell you...."