Forbidden Love (Edgeworth x Von Karma! Reader)

I knocked on the door of my father's office.

"Come in." I entered, "You wanted to see me father?"

"Yes (Y/n), I want you to take a case for me. I know you will prove the defendant guilty like I have taught you."

I nodded, "yes father." He handed me the file and I returned to my office. Alright lets look at this file. I looked at the file and once I saw the name of the defendant I panicked, Miles.

What am I going to do? I can't prove the person I love Guilty, can I? If I let the defence win, father will hate me, if I prove him guilty then he will hate me. That's it! I've made up my mind!

I ran over to the Wright and Co law offices, "Mr Wright. I have a favour to ask you. Please defend Miles, I know that you will win the case."

"So, Nick. Who's the pretty lady?" Maya asked him, I had learned her name from Miles.

"My name is not important but I'm actually begging you!"

"Fine! I'll talk to him."

I walked back to the prosecutor's office and went up to my office. I had a meeting with one of the witnesses for the murder.

NEXT DAY-PHOENIX POV (didn't see that one coming did'ya?)

We were sitting in the defendant lobby and was reading over the file again, "Huh, the prosecutor on this case is someone named 'Von Karma'."

"Wright, you can still back out!" Edgeworth said.

"Why would I do that?"

"Von Karma is a god of prosecutors he'll do anything to win, anything!"

"Hm sounds like someone else I know," I replied looking at him with a sceptical look on my face. This was met with a glare from Edgeworth.

"He's the one that taught me to prosecute. He took me in when I had nowhere else to go."

"Good, maybe he'll take it easy on you." (I know the case file probably has the full name of the prosecutor, but for the sake of the one shot it only says the surname.)

We entered the courtroom with Von Karma not there yet.

YOUR POV

Come on (Y/n), you made up your mind you said that you would put up a good fight but overall let the defence win.

I entered the courtroom to be met with a surprised, Wright, Maya, Miles and Judge.

"Miss Von Karma, I was under the impression that your father was prosecuting this case."

"While that was the original plan, he let me take it last minute." I replied curtsying.

The trial continued and I 'lost' the case, or so I thought, "OBJECTION! Your Honour, I object to your judgement. I am not innocent at all...."

Oh God I know where this is going. He's going to try and say he was the murderer in the DL-6 incident.

After Miles's outburst the judge called a recess. I pulled Wright aside saying I needed to talk to him, "Wright, you have to prove that Miles didn't kill his father. I know he didn't, I know who did. I was sworn to secrecy about it."

"Wow I never thought a Von Karma, would want the defendant not guilty." This ended up with a whip in his face, "Where did that come from?"

"Wow you're denser that Miles said you were," I muttered under my breath.

TIME SKIP

"Nick, you gotta do something! Edgeworth's gonna be guilty if you don't!" Maya told him.

"I don't know what to do Maya! The evidence is gone!"

Father removed the evidence, but I have it. I looked at my father in the gallery, he came to watch, for some reason. Probably to make sure I proved Miles guilty.

That's it!

"Objection! Your Honour, the defendant, is indeed innocent. I know the real murderer or the DL-6 incident." Do I really want to do this? "It was none other than my very own father!"

The whole court was silent.

"Miss Von Karma are you really accusing your father as the murderer?"

"Yes, Your Honour. He made me swear to secrecy that I would never tell anyone the truth about the incident. But I've grown tired of his ways and I'm not going to let and innocent person go to jail for nothing!" The whole court was shocked, "If you don't believe me, you can check the bullet in his shoulder. I am telling you the ballistic markings will match the ones found on the bullet strike through Gregory Edgeworth's heart 15 years ago."

"But that bullet went missing, did it not?" The judge asked me.

"It did, however I have grown wise to my father's ways," I pulled the bullet and the gun out from under the bench, "This is the bullet that struck through Gregory Edgeworth's heart 15 years ago. If we remove the bullet from my father's shoulder and check the ballistic markings we will know the truth!"

TIME SKIP

I was standing outside the courtroom thinking over my choices when I saw the bailiffs brining my father out in handcuffs. He spotted me and tried to get over to me, "You little.."

"I'm sorry father, it would have come out eventually."

The bailiffs led him away leaving me to carry on thinking. I was interrupted by footsteps coming over to me, "(Y/n), thank you. It takes a lot of bravery to stand up to your father especially when...you know I probably don't want to finish that sentence."

"Yeah you probably don't want to, Miles," I giggled.

"I just wanted to ask you why you decided to call your father out on the murder rather than let me take the blame and you keeping you record. I know how much it means to you."

"You want to know the reason?" He nodded. "Very well," I continued. Father forgive me for what I'm about to do. I grabbed his suit jacket and pulled him into me before kissing him. I broke off my face as red as a tomato, "I love you Miles Edgeworth. I couldn't live with myself if I was the reason you went to jail for nothing, when I knew the truth this whole time. You know I'm surprised they didn't arrest me as well saying I was an accomplice, because I knew the truth."

"I'm glad they didn't because then I would not be able to do this," he replied pulling me in for another kiss, with his arms round my waist and mine finding their way round his neck.

"MILES EDGEWORTH! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY SISTER!"