1

"You're no fun, Lo" Lauren tossed another bag of chips into her cart with the roll of an eye as she listened to the woman on the other end of the phone that she held to her ear with her shoulder. "If I had a penny for every time you told me that, I could probably stay in a hotel for 3 nights in a row, might even get to order room service for once in my life."

Lauren proceeded to push the cart towards the produce aisle, looking over the large variety. "Besides, its not like I dont wanna have someone to care for, I just haven't met anyone who needs me to care for them just yet and if you ask me," she tossed a head of lettuce into the cart, switching the phone over to her other ear "its kind of a sign." She headed to the checkout lane, standing behind a small brunette "A sign? You just have to give it time, you'll find someone and when you do hopefully you'll learn to live a little, have some fun."

Lauren listened to Dinah on the other end as she watched the girl in front of her. The cashier named the price of the few items she had bought, the young girl immediately taking out a few dollar bills and some change before counting out the total of it on her fingers. Lauren smiled at the action but her smile soon faded when she saw the look of fear on the girls face. She didn't have enough money. Rolling her eyes once more at the girl talking her ear off on the other end, Lauren was quick to put her to a stop "Dinah ill have to call you back, talk soon." She slid the phone into her pocket and pulled out her wallet, the small girl still clueless as to what she should do.

"Four dollars short, darling." The cashier looked at the girl while holding one of her hands out, waiting for the rest of the money.

"I um-" tears began to form in the brunettes eyes as she panicked."Here, I've got it." Lauren handed the cashier her card, signaling for her to give the girl her money back. The cashier gave the girl her money back and swiped Laurens card, handing the girl her bags once the payment was accepted.

The smaller girl wiped her tears away as quick as possible and took the bags. She was quick to set them down before crashing into the older woman, giving her the best hug her small frame could possibly give out. Lauren was shocked at the gesture but wrapped her arms around the girl and spoke a soft "you're welcome" to her. She eventually let Lauren her go, allowing her to pay for the items she had in her cart.

Lauren began loading the bags into the trunk of her car, thinking about the small interaction that just took place and would probably forever remain a memory. Maybe Dinah was right, maybe it was time for Lauren to start looking for someone to care for. In the society they lived in, that was normal and expected. You were either a little or a caregiver, it was always one or the other, nothing more, nothing less. Lauren was set to be a caregiver and was hoping to one day find the perfect girl to care for. She's had no luck so far.

"Hi." The word brought lauren out of her thoughts, causing her to quickly turn only to see the small girl from the store. She was looking down at her feet, fumbling her hands as her long dark hair fell perfectly around her face. "Hi angel," Lauren kneeled down to her height, using her finger to raise the girls chin "can I ask what your name is, hm? You dont have to be shy."

"Camila."

Camila.

Lauren smiled at the name.

"Im lauren, its lovely to meet you"" Lauren closed the trunk of her car before turning back towards the girl who was now pulling a few crumpled up dollar bills from her pocket. "For you.." she held the money out towards lauren, refraining from making eye contact with her green eyes. Laurens expression changed from a happy one to a confused one. "No no angel, you keep that, save it and get yourself something nice. Maybe a new stuffie?" She gave the girl a soft smile, looking over her small frame.

She looked extremely small for her age, almost as if she hadn't eaten in a few days. Her jeans were definitely worn out and her white shirt that displayed a yellow sunflower in the middle of her chest, definitely needed to be ran through the washer a few times before ever being worn again. Lauren sighed at the dirty converse she had on her feet, a feeling of sadness rushed over her.

"I have this many stuffies!" The girl held up two fingers, looking over them before nodding, confirming that she indeed did have two stuffies. This caused a soft smile to form on Laurens face but didn't take away the sad and worried feeling that was built up in her chest. "Can I ask where your stuffies are?" the small girl was quick to point to the backpack that she had on "everything is kept in here, safe because of the zippy thing"

Those words alone broke Lauren. She had never had an encounter with a little like this, though she had met a few before thanks to the help of Dinah. The only difference is, the littles she met before were all healthy, clean, somewhat happy, and they had a temporary home until a caregiver was to adopt them. Camila was alone. Why she wasn't in an adoption center for littles? Lauren had no idea, but she was going to find out sooner or later.

She ran her hands through her hair before looking back down at the smaller girl who was now trying her very best to tie one of her shoes. Her tongue poked out to the side, full concentration took over her innocent face, and after a few minutes, her shoes were successfully tied. Lauren tried to help but was quickly turned down by the young girl because according to Camila, she could do it all by herself.

"Tell you what," Lauren kneeled down once again and gave camila a reassuring smile, immediately getting one in return. "I've got some snacks back at my house and I dont know about you but," Lauren rubbed circles on her stomach before patting it, causing Camila to let out a giggle. "Im pretty hungry." Lauren stood up and extended her hand out to her. Camila was hesitant for a second but quickly took her hand and allowed herself to be buckled into the backseat of Laurens car.

________
This is the first chapter of this new and improved story! I have lots of ideas for this story and hope you'll all like it. Camila wasn't fully regressed in this so she will act younger at some point.

10 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter!