2

The drive back to Lauren's house was pretty silent, minus the music that played over the radio. Once she pulled into her driveway and turned the car off, she was quick to get out and open the door to the backseat "do you need help?" Lauren offered her hand but was quick to step back once she saw the small girl shake her head. "I do it I do it" Camila waved her hand at Lauren, clarifying that she could most definitely do it by herself. She took a minute to get her seatbelt off but was eventually out of the car and headed inside with Lauren's hand in hers.

"Stay right here okay? I have to go get the groceries from the car and then ill get lunch started." Before stepping outside, she made sure Camila was sat on the couch, occupied with a children's show that Lauren couldn't remember the name of. Nonetheless, Camila seemed intrigued as she chewed on the corner of her stuffed elephants ear.

Lauren scooped some mac & cheese into a small pink bowl that she had thanks to babysitting Dinah's little from time to time. When Dinah first asked her to babysit, Lauren thought her best friend had lost her mind. She had no experience with watching anyone let alone a little and had no idea why Dinah would pick her out of all people. Fast forward a couple months and Lauren was a natural. Dinah's little, Ally, had come over so often that Lauren almost found herself looking forward to it. Thanks to her being over as often as she was, she had quite a few of the necessities that littles needed and she was more than happy about that in this moment.

A small whine brought her out of her thoughts, causing her to turn around. Camila stood in the door frame of the kitchen, looking down at her wet pants before looking up at the older woman, eyes full of tears. "i not mean it"

Lauren was quick to rush over to the smaller girl, kneeling down to her height as she wiped the tears from her eyes "it's okay angel, it happens, its no reason to cry." the girls breathing slowed at the words and the gentle touch of Lauren's hands against her cheeks. "lets get you cleaned up and then have some yummy lunch, how does that sound?" Lauren smiled at the nod Camila gave her and was quick to lead her to the bathroom.

She started the bath water, making sure to add some bubbles and a few of Ally's bath toys to it, hoping it would cheer the girl up. "alright bub, is it okay if i get you out of these messy clothes?" Lauren had just met the girl that day and while she was sure the girl was definitely in her headspace, she didn't wanna do anything that would frighten her. Tears filled the brim of Camila's eyes once again before giving the green eyed girl a nod. Lauren made quick work of undressing her as she hummed a song, mentally thanking herself for the idea as it seemed to calm her.

Once she goes to pick the girl up, she notices an immense amount of scars and fresh cuts that littered her back. Thoughts rushed through her mind. How could someone do something like that to someone as small and fragile as her? How could someone cause this amount of paint to anyone? Lauren felt tears fill her eyes at the site but was quick to wipe them away and decided that instead of mentioning it, she would wait to talk to Dinah about what to do. Once she was in the tub, Lauren allowed her to play with the toys for a while after seeing how calm and content she was. She stepped out to quickly throw the girls clothes in the wash, hurrying back in less than a minute to make sure she was okay. Camila smiled up at her, reassuring her that she was.

Lauren wrapped her small frame in a towel decorated with Elmo and Big bird, Ally's of course. She picked her up and brought her to her room, laying her down on the bed. "mila, baby," camila looked at the woman, continuing to suck on her thumb that had somehow found its way to her mouth without Lauren noticing. "is it okay if i put a diaper on you, hm?" Lauren gave her a hopeful smile, not really knowing what else to resort to since the girls clothes were in the wash. Camila was hesitant for a second but gave Lauren a nod before looking around the room once more. Lauren let out a sigh of relief before grabbing a diaper from the drawer that held most of Ally's essential needs.

She lifted the girls legs, placing the diaper under her before taping the sides, making sure it was secured properly. It was a bit big on her so she was sure to take a mental note to buy some smaller ones, that is if Camila ended up staying with her any longer.

Once she slipped the shirt over her head, she made quick work of brushing out her extremely long hair, pulling it back into a braid. "alright baby, lets say we get some lunch in that little belly of yours hm?" Lauren couldn't tell just how young Camila's headspace was since this wasn't really something she was used to, but going off of the looks of it, she assumed she had to be around the age of one or two.

She pulled her phone out really quickly, sending a quick text to Dinah, asking for her to bring over a pacifier and some smaller diapers if possible. Dinah was quick to hit Lauren with a "why?" which caused her to roll her eyes and close her phone, shoving it into her pocket. She knew Dinah would do what she asked regardless of if there was an explanation.

____
I woke up with sudden inspiration to write and was super happy about it so here's the second chapter! I had planned to write a lot more for this one but gotta get up and start my day so the rest of the events will be put into the next chapter. Thank you guys so much for the comments and support on this, it makes me so happy!

( I have yet to read over this and make corrections so im sorry for any mistakes, ill fix them later )

25 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter