𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

A/n:hi ,plz don't judge the spelling.oof

"Today, we'll be starting our half-semester project,"Mrs.martinez .the told her world history class, causing several annoyed gasps to be heard around the room. One student particular, Kairi Cosentino, hid his face in the corner of his baggy purple sweatshirt. Kairi was an introvert, getting anxiety when someone even implied branching out. "I will be choosing the partners, this project will be due by the end of the semester, right before Christmas break," She continued on, despite the fact half of the class wasn't paying attention. Most students were on their phones, texting, and whatnot. Kairi didn't bring his phone to class, due to the fact there was no point. He didn't use social media, and the only people to text him were his three friends, Roshaun, Alvaro, and Robert. Alvaro was short, like Kairi. He had an 'Edgar' haircut and had perfect straight white teeth. Roshaun was taller than most and looked rather average. Robert was a tall, lanky boy with curly hair. Robert has only been to their small New Jersey school for about a year. Mr. Martinez got tired of the chatters around the class, so she whistled. This caused most kids to look up in her direction.

Thank you, now, I will be reading off the lists of partners. Mar... You'll be with Robert..." She continues to read the list off one by one, until the last pair. Kairi hadn't been called yet, so he looked around to see who his partner would be.  "You've got to be kidding me," mumbled Kairi after making direct eye contact with Alejandro Rosario, the only other person left. Alejandro had a reputation in Kairi's school. He was one of the preppier kids, having many friends and played many sports. Alejandro seemed good at everything in Kairi's eyes. Ale did everything right; he got girls, good grades, the looks. The only thing he seemed to not have was the attitude, as he treated Kairi not so nicely. Alejandro made his way over to Kairi's area, sitting in the seat next to him.  "Hi," Kairi smiled an inviting smile at the boy.  "Hey," Alejandro said blankly, his eyes' stare jetting towards Kairi. Kairi let out an awkward laugh, rubbing the back of his neck.  "Okay, now that you are in the groups, I'll tell you the assignment. You and your partner will have to do a presentation on a historical figure that I will assign you. I will give you a paper with the rubric," Mr. Martinez said which made Alejandro let out a sigh. Mrs. Martinez walked around, handing groups with packets. She handed Kairi the packet.   "Thank you," Kairi said, smiling at the teacher. In the corner of his eyes, he could see Alejandro's annoyance across his face.  "We got Charles Dickens... !" Kairi said joyfully.

"Isn't that the dude who wrote A Christmas Carol?" Alejandro said, causing Kairi to flinch due to the surprising deepness of his voice. "Yes, and many other 'classic' books," Kairi used his fingers for air quotes. "Okay," "So, are we going to work on it outside of school?" Kairi asked. "Sure, I'll give you my number," Alejandro grabbed a piece of paper from the back of the room and scribbled his number on it. He handed it to Kairi but held the other boys' hand longer than he should've. The bell rang shortly after, and they parted ways. Kairi headed to Precalculus, which he had with Alvaro and Robert. To Kairi's pleasure, he had a seat right next to Alvaro. "Hey Al," Kairi said while walking into the classroom. He put his books on his desk and sat down. "Hi, Kaiiii! How are you," He flashed Kai a smile. Alvaro always seemed happier when he was around his friends; they were the light of his life. "Fine, I guess. How are you?" Kairi asked. "I'm good! Mattia was pissing me off earlier, but other than that I'm fine," "Oh, the dude you sit next to in Bio?" "Yeah, he's always got something to say," "Swear, even with that big ass gap he thinks he's all that. Anyways, guess what," "What?" "I got partnered with Alejandro for a project in World History. He gave me his number, I would show you but it's in my locker." Kairi said; Alvaro could tell by his facial expression that he didn't want anything to do with Alejandro. "Alejandro just like Mattia, talking for no reason," He said, grabbing a piece of gum from his pocket. Alvaro unwrapped it and popped it into his mouth. "Yeah, I guess," Kairi said right before the teacher started teaching her lesson. Kairi hated Precalc with a passion, but he knew it was too late in the year to switch classes. The bell rang after 45 minutes of the teacher rambling, and Kairi got the hell out of there. "Damn, where are you going," Alvaro said, running after the slightly taller boy in the halls. "It's lunch, I'm trying to hurry," Kairi said. "Oh, where's Robert and Roshaun?" "I just saw them head to the cafeteria, now, let's hurry," Kairi hated being in the crowded hall, it made him claustrophobic. Kairi and Alvaro made their way to the cafeteria and sat down across from Robert and Roshaun. Roshaun was eating, while Robert wasn't. "Hey guys," Alvaro said. "Wassuh," Robert replied, looking Alvaro directly in the eyes. Alvaro looked uncomfortable with the eye contact, but Kairi didn't say anything. "I'm going to go buy some chips, I'll be back," Kairi told his friend group. He walked to the cafeteria line and grabbed a bag of Hot Cheetos . He felt someone's eyes burning into his neck. He turned around, his eyes meeting with another pair. "Oh, hey Alejandro," Kairi said, shaking slightly while moving up his spot in the line. "Hey," Alejandro said sternly. Alejandro had a red Gatorade in his hand. "I don't have my phone on me right now, but do you want to work on the project sometime this week?" "Do you have it at school?" "Yes, it's in my loc-," "Text me after school, and I'll drive you to my house. We can work on it at my house," Kairi could've gotten lost in Alejandro's eyes forever.

"Also, it's your turn to type in your lunch code," Alejandro chuckled . Kairi's face turned a bright shade of red.  "Heh, I'm sorry," Kairi said as he typed in his lunch code. As Kairi walked away, he couldn't help but see Alejandro flash him a smirk.  "What'd y'all talk about? I told you he always have something to say," Alvaro whispered for Kairi once he sat down.  "Oh nothing," Kairi said, blushing. He opened his Hot Cheetos  and popped them into his mouth.  "So, how was your guys' day?" Kairi asked sweetly.  "I don't know, bitches stay tryna talk to me. Mad annoying," Robert said, "Imma beat the fuck out of Mattia one day no cap,"  "Nah, I will," Roshaun interrupted. Kairi's friends were like this, always trying to fight someone. Kairi stuck out, in multiple ways; he had a different sexuality, different personality, everything was different with him.  "Roshaun, didn't y'all fight last year?" Alvaro barged in.  "Don't mean I can't do it again," He smirked. Alvaro rolled his eyes.  "Ight, I'm gonna go," Kairi shot his friend group one last smile. Shortly after, the bell rang and Kairi was in Chemistry. In that class, they were allowed to choose their seats; so Kairi sat next to Robert.  "Wassuh, even though I just saw you," Robert teased. Kairi chuckled and sat down. The teacher taught her lesson, but Kairi didn't pay attention. Him and Robert spent most of the class passing notes to each other at their table. They did nearly every day, but yet they haven't gotten caught
get me the hell out of here - r 
swear i hate this class - k 
you tryna skip next period? - r 
only this once - k 

The bell rang, and they did what they planned. Skipping wasn't easy, but they made it out okay. They mostly chilled in a stall in the bathroom. Robert smoked a blunt, while Kairi sat on the toilet with his legs crossed.  "You like that?" Robert said while blowing smoke into Kairi's face. Kairi inhaled it but shook his head.  "I'm not trying to get contact high from you,"  "Don't be a softie, Kai. How about you try it?" Robert smirked while handing the smaller boy a blunt. Kairi was hesitant but grabbed it anyway. He put the blunt to his lips and inhaled the fumes. After he exhaled, he could see the brightest smile on Robert's face.  "Roshaun owes me $10 now," Robert said while snatching his blunt back.  "Anyways, the bells about to ring and I'm going to Alejandro's, so hurry up," Robert hurried up and finished the blunt. The bell rang after around two minutes, causing Kairi to sigh.  "Fuck," He said while walking to his locker.