The Black Maiden

I was looking at the picture I took of that mysterious maiden. I could hear her voice right now. I got a call from Mr. Stevens. I found him in his classroom. "Good Evening Mr. Stevens," I said. "Hello Ariana. I know during my lesson you heard a voice right," He said. I nodded. "That was The Song of The Black Phoenix. You could hear it up to 20 miles away," Mr. Stevens said. "Did she recently awaken," I asked. "No, she fully awoken three months ago," He replied. This started to get me to think about Jayden. Her powers. The black flame. The fire she caused. That form I saw her in while I was trying to evacuate the school. I knew she had fire powers. This had a deeper meaning to this. I think she was never human. I remember her telling me that she was half siren. I put this aside me and went to my dorm.

At Ariana's dorm...........

I went into my room and I saw a cherry blossom flower crown and a note attached. I read the following:

Dear Ariana,

I am so sorry for not telling you the truth. I felt like I didn't want everyone to get mad at me. Has anyone gotten over the fire? It would be sad if people were still mad at me. To make it up to you, I made you a flower crown of cherry blossoms. I hope everything is well at school
                     Signed,
                     Jayden

Jayden was still out there? I couldn't believe it. What has she been up to these last three months. Ben entered my dorm room and saw my flower crown. "Ariana, you look beautiful in that crown," Ben said. "I love it. I wonder, is Jayden ever coming back to Serenity," I asked. "I don't know. I think she likes where she is right now," Ben said. "Ben, I think we should go to the garden tomorrow and walk the trails," I suggested. He agreed. He left my room.

The next morning.........

I got ready to go to The Elemental Garden. Ben met me outside of the dormitory. We left for the garden. The garden in the early morning was peaceful. The flowers mingled with each other. The birds were singing their songs. The alters shimmered in the sunrise. One of the alters looked interesting. I went up to the alter. I read what was engraved on it. A beautiful story. I watched as Ben played with the frogs. Nobody except us were here. On top of a tree, I saw a a black and purple bed with overgrown rose brushes around it. I didn't bother to fully examine it. I also saw a trail that lead to a Victorian styled throne with cherry blossoms surrounding it to the left of it was a magnificent grand piano. To the right, was a guitar that I have recognized who it belonged to. "Ben, isn't that Jayden's guitar," I said. Ben looked over. "I don't know. Let's just enjoy the beauty of this place," Ben replied. I saw Ben blushing a little. "Do you have a crush on someone," I asked. "Yes, I have a crush on Jayden. She is so loving and caring. I just hate to not be able to see her anymore. I hope someday, I can confess my love to her," he awnsered. Ben explained that he found Jayden in the woods on the run. "I was thinking, if Jayden actually loved you she would tell you herself. I remember her saying that a demon's lust would please a Phoenix's heart," I said. "I love her, I would do anything to protect my little Phoenix," Ben said. I sensed someone spying on us. I told Ben that we should leave.

Once we went back to the school, Everyone including us heard singing. It was The Black Phoenix. She was singing a song about longing to have someone to love. I knew we could not see her because she was far away somewhere. "Why is she singing," Ben asked. Mr. Stevens walked to him. "The goddess sings for many reasons. If she is singing about love then someone here loves her," Mr. Stevens said. "I wish, my Phoenix can rise," Ben said.

[Ben's POV]

I didn't tell anyone who the true identity of The Black Phoenix. I left and went back to the garden. There were other people here. As I was walking to the frog, I saw the maiden that Ariana was talking about. I didn't know who this maiden was. I saw her tending the garden. I minded my business and went into my backpack to get a bottle of blood to drink (since I'm a vampire). I saw a frog leaping from the pond. I grabbed bait and started to play with them. I saw cherry blossoms in the wind like dancers doing ballet. I turned around after I finished playing with the frogs, I saw a bouquet of black roses beside my foot. It had a note in it. I read the following:

Dear Ben,

You are my one and only. I love you and want you to be here forever. I hope you could find me over by the grand piano

Signed,
Your true love

My true love? What could this mean. I walked to the grand piano by the throne. I saw no one. There were black roses everywhere. I wanted to leave but something told me I should stay. I walked around the piano looking for the person who wrote the note. At that moment, I decided time go back to the school. While I was not paying attention, someone stopped me from leaving by putting their arm around me. I saw that the arm was the maiden's. I turned my head. The maiden's wings wrapped around me. Was she my true love? I don't love her. I love Jayden. Why does she love me? I noticed that she had Jayden's guitar in her right hand. Is the maiden Jayden? Was she here this whole time? I broke away from her wings and kissed her on the lips.

[Ariana's POV]

I was in the garden looking for Ben. I looked around and saw him kissing the maiden. A passionate one. I didn't want to intervene because it was true love. They broke from the kiss. "I love you my handsome vampire," said The Maiden. "I love you too my precious Phoenix," Ben said. Phoenix? That was Jayden's middle name! Unless..... Jayden was The Black Phoenix this entire time! This was what she wanted to hide the entire time. Now, I think people will love her for the way she is.