two

CHAPTER TWO
( ARRESTED IN OMASHU )

"HOW LONG ARE YOU staying with us?" The question came from Katara, startling Flo from her thoughts

"HOW LONG ARE YOU staying with us?" The question came from Katara, startling Flo from her thoughts. Which, really, weren't necessarily thoughts in the first place. She had zoned out while watching the clouds pass by, Momo and Sleemo having the time of their lives flying in and out of them.

To put it simply, Flo wasn't used to traveling with someone else, excluding her hawk-cat, let alone three other people and their flying lemur and bison. She loved how she didn't have to walk or anything with Appa, and Sleemo obviously took very well with having another animal her size around, but still. Flo wasn't used to making plans with three other humans, one being the Avatar and two being bickering siblings. She was used to being by herself, hunting when hungry and resting when tired. She didn't have a schedule. They did. Or, a rough one that they didn't need to follow too closely. Apparently, they needed to get to the North Pole for some water bending training for both Aang and Katara, and then comes in the other elements the boy needed to learn as well.

All of that plus Flo's refusal of attachment, equalled a soon departure on her part. She could tell they were already getting used to her. Aang already voiced his opinion on her; he thought she should travel with them to the North Pole. Katara, at first, was wary because Flo was simply a stranger but the girl warmed up to her, making a lighthearted joke once how it was nice to have another girl in the group. Then Sokka thought they were friends simply because she gave him somewhat okay advice about Suki back on Kyoshi Island. Not to mention, all three of them were touchy and feely and loved human contact, meanwhile Flo wanted to avoid that at all possible costs.

"Um..." And there was another thing: Flo had talked way more than she wanted to. Aang was a chatter box who expected whoever he talked to to talk back, and Sokka too, and Katara, relieved about there being another girl, pulled Flo into conversations the older girl didn't want to be in. So, here Flo sat in the saddle, being brought into another conversation by Katara. "Not long at all."

Oh, and she learned all of this within a day. One day.

"What? Why?" Aang quickly asked from his spot on Appa's head.

Flo shrugged. She didn't want to talk. But then she remembered that Aang couldn't exactly see her, and sighed. "You guys have your own trip to take. I have..." Nothing. "...my own."

"But you'll be on your own," Aang protested.

"Sleemo," was all Flo said.

"Where are you going?" Katara asked.

"Somewhere."

"But–."

"Guys, Suki sent Flo with us to help her get off the island finally," Sokka spoke up in Flo's defense, interrupting Aang. "She'll probably leave at our next stop."